Posted Jul 23, 2013
I'm attempting to connect my wireless Canon MX922 printer to my AT&T 2wire 3800hgv router.

I press the "lock" button on the 2wire AT&T 3800hgv-b router for 3 seconds. Run upstairs. Press the button on the brand new MX922 Canon Wireless printer to find the router. But nothing, it doesn't connect. What gives?

I'm attempting to connect my wireless Canon MX922 printer to my AT&T 2wire 3800hgv router.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 30, 2013
(0)

Hi,

The easiest way to setup the printer even if you're going to use it wirelessly is by first setting it up with an ethernet cable. That way you know the router recognizes it and can set it up to use wireless while it's still connected. Please try this and let me know if you have any issues.

Thank you,

JustinF

___

I am an AT&T ConnecTech employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

I'm here to help with any technical issues you may have but if you need advanced ConnecTech support over the phone, please visit the
ConnecTech website or call 1-800-344-1734 (Phone support is available 8 am – 11 pm Central Time, 7 days a week)

Re: I'm attempting to connect my wireless Canon MX922 printer to my AT&T 2wire 3800hgv router.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 24, 2014
(0)

I just experienced this same problem and resolved it using the following process:

1. On the printer select "WLAN Setup" and then press the red "stop" key and select "other setup"

2. Select "Advanced Setup" and select your router.

3. The next menu will give you a number of selections and choose "WPA-PSK AES". (I think it was this option - and if not - try the "WPA-PSK TKIP"option)

4. You will then need to use the cursor to select the correct characters that make up your passcode and enter them into the printer.  

5. When your finished press the "done" key and the printer will connect with your router.

Re: I'm attempting to connect my wireless Canon MX922 printer to my AT&T 2wire 3800hgv router.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 25, 2014
(0)

JustinF wrote:

Hi,

The easiest way to setup the printer even if you're going to use it wirelessly is by first setting it up with an ethernet cable. That way you know the router recognizes it and can set it up to use wireless while it's still connected. Please try this and let me know if you have any issues.

Thank you,

JustinF

Hey @JustinF 

Just stumbled across this and thought I'd comment. More often than not, you will crash your router and/or network, if one device is connected/connecting more than once (like two ethernet connections, or an ethernet connection and a wireless connection) like you describe.

As well, the OP's problem could just be distance. If I'm not mistaken, WPS has a limited physical range. Otherwise your neighbor could jump onto your network any time you pressed the WPS button on your router.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]