Posted Sep 5, 2013
Mifi Liberate no internet access?

We purchased a new Liberate today to use with an HP Laptop running Windows 8.  The unit has full 4G and all bars showing, so I know it has service.  When my laptop connects it says it has limited access, no internet access.  I have tried everything from shutting off firewalls, removing security passwords from the liberate, updating drivers on the laptop, but nothing seems to work.  Is there an issue with the HP and liberate?  Is there a fix?  I am desperate!

Mifi Liberate no internet access?

2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 6, 2013
(0)

shenanigins1970 wrote:

We purchased a new Liberate today to use with an HP Laptop running Windows 8.  The unit has full 4G and all bars showing, so I know it has service.  When my laptop connects it says it has limited access, no internet access.  I have tried everything from shutting off firewalls, removing security passwords from the liberate, updating drivers on the laptop, but nothing seems to work.  Is there an issue with the HP and liberate?  Is there a fix?  I am desperate!

What operating system do you have on your laptop?

How are you connecting it to the Liberate, wirelessly or USB?

Do you have any other devices that use the Liberate for Internet access?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Mifi Liberate no internet access?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 29, 2013
(0)

Help! We've had the mifi since August and it was occuring intermittently. Now we have this same problem every 5-10 minutes when we're on the computer.

I had 3 laptops (not all connected at once), 2 tablets and 2 smart phones that it does this to every one.  We are connected to the mifi but have no internet access.  It's very spotty and aggravating.  AT & T is willing to cancel my service and get out of my 2 year agreement.  We've replaced the mifi and the sim card but that has made it worse. 

Any ideas?  HELP! 

We live in a very wooded area, but have 4G AT & T phones where phone calls aren't a problem.  It's just the data part.

Thank you in advance for any help or ideas with this.

Laura

Re: Mifi Liberate no internet access?