Troubleshoot your device issues
petercreasey's profile

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

Thursday, October 10th, 2013 10:04 PM

Version 10.2 avail when w/AT&T

Is there any word when Version 10.2 might be available from AT&T for our Q10s?

Thanks!

. . . . .  Pete

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

My coworkers with Verizon 10.2.1 have been happy as clams 😉 They've had it for at least three weeks now without a glich! Makes ya wanta just cry don't it!

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

10 years ago

Only if one assumes the upgrade will go problem-free...which assumption cannot be assured per many other reports!!

. . . . . Pete

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

February is ending and still no answer from AT&T!!!

Scholar

• 

84 Messages

10 years ago

I went to the local att shop and asked where the 10.2 update for BB Q10  and i got about 3 different answers  to my questions. "call 611, they can tell you."   " but black berry is supposed to send you the updates to new 10.2.  and not at&t."  at this point i walked out and was polite. only so much i can do when i get answers like this.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

That is so crazy... When I called them (AT&T), I was told that each provider sends out their own "tweaks" of the OS (not BB). According to that rep, each provider does their own testing.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

@ani5009 wrote:

I just spoke with a customer support rep. and he said they are still currently testing 10.2 and are shooting for a release to customers sometime in April 2014. I'm really hoping this isn't true because I really need access to some of these Android apps for work.

Does anyone have any idea which apps will be making the crossover from Android to Blackberry when/if 10.2 ever makes its debut?

Thanks

You can go to CrackBerry's website to see more information on what Android apps work well on BB10.2.1.  Keep in mind that these Android apps are not making a crossover, but are able to be sideloaded onto BB10.2.1 devices.  Many people are using Snap for this purpose.  I found Snap to be too complicated for my desires and just sideload the .apk files that I want. 

So far, none of the few apps that I have tried work well (or at all) on my Z10.  I haven't tried many since I still primarily use Android devices anyway, and don't have a great need for Android apps on my Z10.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

You should learn from TMobile's example, ATT!  You're here to serve your customers, who have been loyal to you... Stop supporting monopolies and be loyal to your customers, who make ATT what it is... This is so crazy; I switched to ATT from Sprint FOR Z10, and am paying $200 for my family every month, and you guys just don't get it.  Stop exercising your power and exercise your promises...

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I'm doubting they ever even gonna update it

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Spoiler

It sounds like, per usual, AT&T will be last to the table on this one too. Always slowest with new products and software, and NEVER an explanation - just a staunch position of non-information. Very frustrating... 😞

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

10 years ago

@tom689 wrote:

I'm doubting they ever even gonna update it

Hopefully, S-O-M-E-O-N-E can step up and say that we Q10 enthusiasts can be sure that the quoteback is not a valid concern.

. . . . .  Pete

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.