Troubleshoot your device issues
petercreasey's profile

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

Thursday, October 10th, 2013 10:04 PM

Version 10.2 avail when w/AT&T

Is there any word when Version 10.2 might be available from AT&T for our Q10s?

Thanks!

. . . . .  Pete

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

When will you release OS 10.2 for my BlackBerry Z10?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hey.

You should hear from us. We want BB 10.2.1, instead of the software released one year ago! It has too many bugs.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

10 years ago

Per numerous reports, BB 10.2.1 also has bugs...which are probably what's holding up the release by AT&T.

The current BB operating system is working fine; thus, I want AT&T to wait and be sure that a reliable version is released.

. . . . . Pete

Mentor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Just a little news about bugs.. EVERY operating system has bugs... IOS,
Android, ALL
If they are waiting for a completely bug free release, that will NEVER
happen.
iOS 7.0 was FULL of bugs the day it was released... So much so, that a week
later Apple released 7.0.1 to fix some stuff... not even minor bugs, big
large Texas sized bugs...
This did not stop AT&T from allowing customers to upgrade. In fact, AT&T
probably had nothing to do with it, because Apple has the man parts to tell
AT&T what to do, and AT&T listens. Unfortunately this is not the same for
the other OS (Android and BB). I had 3 different Android models on AT&T,
all of which were several releases behind the rest of the world.
So unless your device manufacture says Apple on it, you are at the mercy of
the AT&T, if you have an Apple device then you are good to go (at least in
AT&T perspective). This statement is based on fact, because I've witnessed
for at least 4 devices now (3 android and one BB). I've had iPhones in
between and always had the latest OS.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

10 years ago

If the new BB operating system has _significant_ bugs as reported and if AT&T feels these bugs will not be promptly remedied by BB, then AT&T is doing the prudent thing to delay the release and avoid a boondoggle for customers.

As stated before, it is incumbent on AT&T not to release a system if it is plagued with _significant_ problems.

But, of course, if the delays are simply due to dilatoriness, then AT&T is dropping the ball.

. . . . Pete

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

10 years ago

To be fair, there were a few bugs related to Exchange ActiveSync accounts in 10.2.1.1925 that would basically remove the account and all emails from the phone because of certain administrator forced password requirements.  Usually if the phone had a password to unlock the screen.  The second password request for the exchange account would pop up momentarily and if not caught fast enough or canceled, would go away taking the emails with it.  But this was only on the phone side.  The main account was okay.  It did, however, contribute to the halting of the OS release by some carriers worldwide.

I didn't experience this bug as I'm not required to password protect the phone itself, nor do I have any extra administrator requirements for my exchange account password itself.

I think there were also bugs related to Gmail EAS accounts, and BES HTML issues.  I don't know the specifics, since none of these had any affect on me (don't use Gmail and not on BES).  Likely it wasn't discovered until the rollout of 1925 outside the U.S. and people on corporate accounts started updating (the kind of users that usually don't or can't load leaks).

The newest OS out there now - 10.2.1.2141 (Software version 2102 as the carriers go by when telling you about it) - fixes all those bugs.  Also, camera spot metering is working again (but face detection is still missing - except that spot metering is more important to me so I'm happy).

I would just like to say to AT&T that I've been "testing" 10.2.1.1925 since the beginning of January.  And I loaded up 10.2.1.2141 this past weekend.  To the best of my knowledge, the AT&T network is still up and working great.  And, with the EAS bug fixed, there's no reason to not release at least this latest OS to every one else.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I just spoke with a customer support rep. and he said they are still currently testing 10.2 and are shooting for a release to customers sometime in April 2014. I'm really hoping this isn't true because I really need access to some of these Android apps for work.

Does anyone have any idea which apps will be making the crossover from Android to Blackberry when/if 10.2 ever makes its debut?

Thanks

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

April?????

that's insane, i might switch to verizon if they dont release it before the end of my billing cycle

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

April!! Come on AT&T. Your long time customers need your help badly. My coworkers with Verizon have had this update for several weeks now. I haven't heard of any them complaining about problems with the update. Seriously, let's let the cat out of the bag guys. Release the darn thing and help YOUR customers. I thought you guys were working for us. I can't imagine that anyone on this forum wants to switch providers; however, you're twisting are arms. Please help us out and push out the update. I'm dealing with a phone that acutally turns off my car radio due to a bug with audio streaming. Something this update is going to fix. Please help!

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

10 years ago

@colombianmob wrote:

April?????

that's insane, i might switch to verizon if they dont release it before the end of my billing cycle

Except that I don't think Verizon has released a 10.2 update either. You'd be in the same boat.
Some of their customers got the 10.2.1 update a few weeks back, but it was killed later that day.  Some say it was a mistake, but Verizon never confirmed or denied what happened.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.