For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
bwp73's profile

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

Friday, May 30th, 2014 10:55 AM

Using same SIM card for Z10 and Bold 9900

My primary phone is a Z10 with a Mobile Share LTE plan. I have a 9900 that will recognize this SIM, but won't connect to BIS without having my plan changed to 4G/3G. If I do that, I can still connect with my Z10, but lose the hotspot capability .

Is there anyway around this? If not, does the price point of my plan change (I currently have the 2GB plan).

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @bwp73 

Your price won't change, but those two phones do require different data plan codes so they'll need to be switched in the system for all features to work properly.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks, Dimitry. I decided to go with a Q10 instead to make things simpler.

Tapped out on my‎ Q10  

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

You're welcome, I guess Q10 is kind of like the best of both worlds:) Enjoy!

Dmitriy

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

Try just changing your Bold settings to 2G only. My Bold worked fine on wifii til i hooked it up with ATnT. Then as stated in the past it still worked great for a couple weeks. Then my bars would drop down to barely one, from five, but only if i wasnt on the phone. So i limited it to 2G and it works, it even can play video. ATnTs records say it is a different model not a Bold, no matter what i tell them. They wanted to send me a new sym card, then they said that wouldnt help, but they were going to send it anyway, then they sent the wrong size, and i just didnt bother to talk to them about it anymore.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.