Troubleshoot your device issues
wcthomas's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 24th, 2014 10:14 AM

Blackberry email question

I have a Blackberry Z10 and am raoming in Europe, connecting to a local mobile provider.  I have four yahoo email accounts on my phone.  I keep getting notifications that my login information is incorrect and that I need to update my login information and try again.  I tried this a few times and it wouldn't recognize my passpord.  However, all four email accounts are active and I can send and receive messages.  I delete the notices but keep getting new ones.

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi wcthomas, 

Yahoo has a security feature on their accounts that if you try and login from another part of the world, or an area outside of your normal connection area, it blocks access to mobile devices until you login on a normal PC. We see this a lot when getting a new phone, or switching between Cellular Network access and WiFi.

Since you are in Europe right now, those notifications are going to continue poping though until you get back. You can try shutting off your Blackberry, logging into each of the Yahoo accounts on a PC and then turning back on the Blackberry to see if it resolves it. 

Hope this helps!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.