Troubleshoot your device issues
peoncito's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, January 21st, 2015 9:19 PM

Blackberry Z10 IMEI number not found

Hello!!

I bought almost 2 years ago a BB Z-10, I have used since then as a pre-paid phone, it has been working neat... I am trying to move from this phone to another one (as some of you, I was so disappointed with BB)... I tried to unlock the device in order to sell it or simply give it to a member of my family... However, when going through the process of unlocking the device, the IMEI number apparently is not found by AT&T, I checked 100 times and it is the one displaying on the screen, so it is not my mistake... Does anybody has dealed with this in the past?... What do you do correct the problem and asking the device be unlocked??... I would really appreciate your help...

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

Was it ever locked to AT&T in the first place?

Have you tried it with a foreign SIM card?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Hello!!...

Yes I did, I tried with a Mexican carrier (Telcel), but it did not work... It sent me a message that was not supported for that carrier or something like that!!...

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

Not supported doesn't mean carrier locked.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

Go through portal. If your IMED number is not in the system, unlock as "not an AT&T customer"

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks... I just did it and tried as "not an AT&T customer", but it sends me the same message... The IMEI is not found...

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @peoncito

I’d be happy to help with your unlock request! Please send me a Private Message with the following information so we can take care of this for you!

• Cell/contact number
  • Full name
  • Email address
  • Device IMEI
  • Date purchased

If this helps, please mark this answer as an accepted solution!

Thanks,

Charise

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks so much!!... After several messages with customer service, I find out the only way to get help was calling to a 800 number... I did call and they told me for any reason my phone's IMEI was not registered, so nothing can be done... I already keep my original purchase ticket, but it did not help at all... They offer me to register the IMEI as it was the first time, and then wait for 6 months to "try" unlock the device... Definitely not happy neither with this solution nor with the AT&T way to handle it... 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have the same problem. No help from AT&T .... plase help anybody. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I tried hard!!... Exchange about 40 e-mail with representants and call at
least 3 times. If you had the exact same problem, unfortunately there is no
way to get help from ATT..

Greetings!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

@peoncito
@prasanna123

If the IMED number is not found, then the phone may not have been locked to AT&T while you used it.
If your phone was previously owned (purchased as AT&T locked phone), and not brand new phone, it can't be determined if it has fulfilled any previous contracts.

If you purchased it brand new and have proof, and used the phone on AT&T for more than 6 months, submit proof and request unlocking.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.