Troubleshoot your device issues
mskarrieb's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, October 9th, 2014 9:17 PM

Blackberry Q10...DON'T DO IT!

Have to share...I was the last hold-out with a blackberry, simply like the keyboards so much better than the touchscreens. But I have to, this phone sucks! So buggy, very little common sence to many of the features, and just plain blows. I guess I'm going to have to go to the darkside...iPhone, here I come. Umpf.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

9 years ago

Sorry, you're wrong and you shouldn't be posting such rubbish.

The BlackBerry Q10 is by far the best phone (not a toy - phone) on the market right now.

If you have a problem post it and it can be remedied.

. . . .  Pete

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

wrong--- I used BB Q10 for about 6 months and it was a WORKHORSE of a phone.  Suspeicious that the poster would move from Q10 to iphone since they are opposite ends of the spectrum. Do listen to the nonsense, the Q10 is an amazing phone.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks Pete! Considering I am a business professional, of 43 yrs old, I don't think a play-toy is what I am looking for. And after years of being a Blackberry hold-out, it would be my pleasure for you to explain to me how great the following is working for you...

1. Care to tell me how to add an incoming caller to your address book? Cuz anytime I select the caller, it dials them straight away, with no option to add. But wait...the old ones could.

2. Feel free to explain why when I look at my agenda in my calendar, after selecting the monthly view, I get nothing, unless I am on daily view, where I can see the agenda for that day only. But why would I look for this, silly me, the old ones did that. 

3. How about when I am in my calendar, why exactly can I not click on an address and it links to my map? Or lets go old school, how about I just be able to copy and paste it into my map. Would be a plus dontcha think? Since I usually use a map when I'm about to drive...but you may use a map for something far more special than directions to an address in your calendar. 

4.  Since we are still on the calendar...let's try to dial that phone number I put in the subject line after my clients name...that's a lot of fun. Especially when I am in sales, and may have a few appointments lined up. Just one-click to dial on ANY phone # that is in any email, note, text...yep, doesn't work there either. Oh goodie...let's remember the number to dial it. Yep, that was a HUGE improvement. For my memory. 

5. Oh...let's save some time...why don't you enlighten me to the ease of deleting a text...in one stroke. OHHHH, that's right, that doesn't exist anymore either...let's do it in 3 instead.

6. We can add #5 to emails and facebook messages too. 

7. You go ahead and tell me how to set my alarm clock to stay on until I turn it off, in one stroke. Oh wait...you now must set a recurrence or turn it on everyday. Fun to do when my schedule changes everyday. I need the extra steps, My bad. 

8. Oh and since we're getting ready for bed, why don't you set my phone to phone-call's only...in less than 4 steps. Oh wait, ya, they killed that one-key option too. 

9. And since only 9-10 hours a day goes to work, let's play on facebook for just a minute. Let's just scroll the news....wait, until we get stuck on someones picture, of which you can no longer scroll up or down, as it requires a top to bottom swipe. So let's just close the program down anytime you get to a pic, so you can start all over...ya...that's muuuucccch better.

10. Oh and I can't tell you that when I am trying to just let my mind wander after a long day, how much I love to see the same stories loaded 3-5 times, over and over and over and over and over and over again, in facebook news. Now why wouldn't I want to get stuck on the same sunrise picture...5 times. Now that's some good relaxation right there. 

11. So now that facebook has caused more stress with it's massive bugs, let's just go play some word mole. Wait, that isn't an app...it was on my last BB. Ok, let's play some scrabble. NO, there's no scrabble either...that was on my BB before that one. Wow...you mean the programs RIM actually already had don't even exist for download...that's rich. 

12. So screw it...it's been a long day, the mindless game's aren't working, let's just chat with a friend for a bit to let lose. Oh, y'all happen to be texting each other at the same time? You mean you may be clicking on a text message to type at the same time the same person is answering you??? Let's just freeze up the entire text screen. It's so much fun to not be able to view your messages, select a new message, just being stuck in limbo is terrific. Now THAT was worth the upgrade to the Q10 right there. Cuz gawd knows it's such a good-time to reboot your phone 3 times in the middle of a conversation. Especially if it happened to be a business text, instead of a little down time I just mentioned. 

13. But wait...what fun would the new blackberry be if we didn't kill the biggest win to the old phones...the battery life. Why would I have wanted to keep the bragging rights of how long my old BB would stay charged, when I can have the fun of having one now that hardly last's 1/2 the time of my last one. Pa-shaw. 

So Pete...if my old Blackberrys had been this inefficient and buggy, I probably would have left years ago. And I'm not talking about anything highly technical here, as you can see...this is easy everyday crap. I won't even begin on the rest of it. Please...it sucks. 

[word filter avoidance]

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

9 years ago

m,   Okay, you're convincing!  The Q10 is apparently not suitable for you.

Many, if not most, users consider the Q10 to be the best phone on the market today.

As for battery life, most everyone acknowledges that the Q10 sets new standards for outstanding battery life.  Something in your setup is draining your battery.

. . . .  Pete

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks Pete,

But I was honestly hoping you would have the answers. I loved being the last hold-out for Blackberry. 😄 

Cheers,

Karrie

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

9 years ago

Hi there, I have a Z10 and I am sure it is not much different from your Q10.

1. just touch and hold on the number. On the menu, select "add to contacts"

2. I dont have this problem. I can see all my appointments and tasks, so you most likely are doing something wrong.

3. if you add "location" on the event, it links you directly on maps, so I dont know what you re talking about. But even if you enter your address on the subject, just touch and hold, select the text and paste it in to maps. Now I get the feeling that you dont know how your phone works. (no offence)

4. The phone numbers on any app of the phone are always linked to the phone app. just touch them and it dials. hold them and you can choose to add them in to your contacts. At this point I get suspicious if you actually own a Q10.

5. There is no strokes to delete texts. Just select the text you want to delete, hold it and choose "delete". Please provide an OS and a device that you can achieve this faster. I ll buy you a beer.

6. I wont get into this because at this point I think you either being sarcastic or you are kidding.

7. there is something called "Recurrence" in your allarm app. Use it!

8. actually it s only one step once you set up night mode. Just swipe down... I am sorry it s so difficult for you.

9. I dont use facebook I cant help you here

10. same as above

11. I dont play games I am sorry I cant help you on this one but you can install almost any android game.

12. It's the first time I hear about this problem. Most likely you need a reset

13. battery life? I have Z10 and I hear ya on this one. Mine is probably worse.

So to sum up, my friend either you do not own a Q10 or you have no idea how to use it. Please spend sometime learning how to use your phone. From what I understand you use it for work (as most of us) and it s a tool. In some professions if you dont know how to use a tool you may lose a finger or an arm. So before you blame your device read up! Visit the  Crackberry forum and ask for help or any questins you have. Interaction is good. Good luck!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

i like my at&t blackberry q10 also.  debating how soon to get the new blackberry classic after it becomes available through at&t

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.