For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
maggiechristine's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, November 22nd, 2014 4:34 PM

frustrated about bill

I joined AT&T last week. I previously had T-Mobile, but switched because I could get better service for the same price. Or so I was told. The lady at the AT&T store near my house told me my total bill would be under $150 a month. Just got our first bill for just under $200. I went immediately onto the AT&T website and chatted with an employee. Although he seemed friendly, he was little to no help. His one and only solution was that I have 14 days to cancel my contract. That wasn't my goal. I like my new phone, I lIke the service. Why would an employee tell me to cancel? I am very frustrated. I am a public school teacher that lives on a very tight budget. How can a company that lied to me not do anything to try to make up for their mistake? Anyone know what I could do to maybe get an additional discount on my account? I NEED to reduce my bill

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

Your first bill is usually a prorated bill, the partial first month and the full next month, depending on the billing cycle. It is possible that you were bill for 10 days (prorated) and a full month. If you look at your bill, it will explain everything.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks. That helped some. Still a bit high, but a tiny bit better. I was only charged 2 days on last month, so only took off a little. Any other suggestions?

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

Did you first bill have a one time activation fee? If so that would be about $40.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.