Need help understanding your bill?
josh.v's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, September 12th, 2014 12:52 AM

data issues

I'm having trouble comprehinding my data usage. I have 4 lines with 10 gig cap, 2 of which do not use 1 gig combined. My girlfriend and I use the rest and are about equal in usage. We blew the 10 gig cap by 3 gigs. Only thing is we only look at facebook and the movies people post. Looking up how much a sd movie streaming uses its equivilient to 320mb per hour. Knowing this there is no way we could even get close to using this much data. I'm concerned that att is not being honest about data usage. Also we just added her line on the 12th of August. I also purchased the multi device insurance package. This was broke down on my bill that 20 was going toward the insurance and 9 was going for support. I just need insurance. Why do I need support. ATT YOU ARE JUST ADDING AND ADDING AND ADDING UP ON EVERYTHING YOU CAN POSSIBLEY. Put your customers in a "contract" that cant be bought out by a competetor because its a contract for the installments of a phone and not the service. Sprint is now offereing 20 gigs share plan for up to 10 phones for 100 dollars. I cant move to it because of this contract. I'm beyond fed up with att and would like to end service with out haveing to pay 1000 dollars. You can have your devices back and I wouldnt even care if you kept all the money paid toward the products.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, josh.v!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about all the billing confusion. We would be happy to review the data charges with you, so please click here to send us a private message with your contact information, the best time to reach you, and a brief description of the issue.

You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen. In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Scholar

• 

124 Messages

10 years ago

Sounds like you have the 10GB mobile share plan, which means you are not in a contract anymore, so you can leave whenever you want. If you also got a phone through NEXT, you will still need to pay the phone off before you can leave, but you will not get an EFT for leaving early, because again, you are not in a 2 year contract.

As for data usage, the site is a bit slow on recording the correct amount and sometimes does not always get the numbers right. Always remember to use Wi-Fi when at home and make sure your phone doesn't switch over to data when you turn the screen off, because a lot of phones now have that feature.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.