Need help understanding your bill?
Tbern5's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 6:50 PM

Upgrade Concerns

[Subject edited for better exposure]

I recently upgraded my wife's phone to a iPhone 5s. I signed up for a 2 year contract online and paid 149 for the phone. You can imagine my surprise when I looked at my bill and saw that the phone was on an ATT Next installment plan! I have spent hours on the phone with ATT being shuffled from one department to another and their basic answer is that it was outside their 14 day return window and they couldn't help me. I didn't get the bill till after the 14 day window was up! I have been a relatively happy ATT customer for many years but now I am going to leave ATT unless they can resolve this!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

You said you "signed up for a 2 year contract online". Did you do the entire upgrade process online? If so, you should have the order emails to verify exactly what you ordered and how it was to be paid for. Is it possilble you checked the wrong box along the way and inadvertantly signed up for next? Also, if you are on the Mobile Share Plan, you might find that Next is actually cheaper than losing your discount on Mobile Share.

In any event, you should be able to get this straightened out. I suggest you send a PM to the ATTCustomer Care team.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Sandblasted, Thanks for the reply. If only it were that simple. Yes, it was a totally online purchase, I selected the 2 year plan and then the system took me to the payment page and I plugged in my CC to cover the $149 for the phone. The only purchase email that I can find is the activation one. My wife was sitting next to me during the whole process and is as mystified as I am about how her phone ended up on the Next installment plan which by the way made my bill go up $30.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

If you thought you signed up for a 2yr contract but they put you on the Next plan. what did the $149 apply towards then? Most you would of paid for on the Next plan is the tax on the phone which should have been like $45. something is fishy.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I have egg on my face. Somehow I did not catch the mistake that I evidently made. In the end it doesn't really matter since if I had stayed on a 2 year plan I would have lost my mobile share plan discount so in the end my bill would be the same. The mobile share plan discount does not seem to available on a 2 year contract so I can look forward to my bill going higher as I upgrade my other phones. On the bright side this forum was a good way to connect with customer service, thanks to those of you who responded.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.