Posted Jul 7, 2013
UVerse account mistakenly cancelled by AT&T

I recently upgraded from FastAccess DSL to UVerse Internet, and last Tuesday (July 2nd) my account was mysteriously and mistakenly cancelled.  I didn't authorize this, I didn't ask for this, and I didn't know this was going to happen--one day my internet just stopped working.

When I ordered UVerse internet, I had an original activation date of Monday, June 17th.  On that day, I connected & activated my UVerse internet, and everything worked fine until my account was canceled on July 2nd.  I was told that when i activated UVerse, DSL would be automatically disconnected.  Since July 2nd, neither service works anymore.

I've tried called Sales/Customer Service on Wednesday, July 3rd, they told me i need to talk to Sales and they were closed for the day, and closed for 4th of July.  I called back on Friday, July 5th, the rep told me my service would be back up and running within 24 hours.  It is now Sunday, July 7th, and still no internet, and I haven't heard anything from AT&T.  At this point, I don't know who to call/ask anymore, so I'm turning to this forum.  When i sign in to AT&T, it shows me as being a DSL customer (which hasn't been true for almost 3 weeks now--it was supposed to be done on June 17th).  I'm also still being billed for DSL which is not active and which I cannot use.

I've called tech support/sales and no one seems to know why my account got cancelled...i want to know A) why did it get cancelled, and B) why is it taking so long to reconnect.  AT&T made the mistake, not me...and I don't appreciate the lack of urgency in fixing something I'm still being billed for.  I also need to know who I can talk to about fixing/prorating my bill.  As I said, I'm still being charged for services I can't use.

UVerse account mistakenly cancelled by AT&T

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 7, 2013
(0)

Click on the hyperlink in my signature, you will be taken to the profile of AT&T Customer Care.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service.  Send them a PM with your info and someone will be in contact with you to resolve this issue.  Their hours are Mon-Fri 8am to 11pm so you should hear from them Monday or Tuesday.  Watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification as they will reply to you via PM as well.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UVerse account mistakenly cancelled by AT&T

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 8, 2013
(0)

Ok so I did that...still no response

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 9, 2013
(0)

If you don't see notification of a message in the blue envelope at the top of the forum page, send them another PM.  I contact Customer Care for all of my issues and they resolve them quickly.  This is a good resource to get you the help you need.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 10, 2013
(0)

Hi EM4life85,

I'm sorry for the delay, we have had a large number of private messages this week and are running a little behind. One of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T