afitz0707's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014 12:42 AM

Turned over to Collections??????

For two months, we have been receiving collection notices from a credit collections company claiming we owed $198 to AT&T. For two months, we have been contacting AT&T to try to figure out why we owed anything and WHY we were turned over to collections. Each time we have called, we have never been on the phone for less than two hours.

On August 25th, we contacted AT&T and spoke with several customer service reps and none of them were able to find any outstanding balance owed nor any information on the account number we gave them. We received an email from a Raven H. that same date stating AT&T would investigate the issue and get back with us.

Today, September 22nd, we received another notice from the credit collections company. We called AT&T at 5p.m. to try to get some answers. After speaking with eight different people, and being disconnected every time they "transferred us," we finally found a customer service rep, Andrea, who said, "Yes, that account number is past due and you do owe $198." Ummmm, how did Andrea, after two months of no other customer service rep being able to find the account number, all of a sudden find the account number along with the balance owed?

When we asked for an itemized statement to be sent to us, guess what? We were disconnected yet again. Finally, at 7p.m., we managed to get through to Kwan, a quite unfriendly and unapologetic service rep who said he would send us an itemized statement for that account number.

And, yet, Kwan was unable/unwilling to explain why AT&T failed to contact us, as was promised in an email from Raven H. August 25th, to inform us of their "investigation into our issue," nor was he able/willing to tell us why this account, which more than 20 customer service reps were unable to find in the last two months, was turned over to collections. So, can any of the AT&T geniuses who monitor this community forum answer those questions for me? Better yet, can we get an apology from AT&T and a call from AT&T to the credit collections company to inform them that the error was on AT&T's end????? #ATTSUX

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Account Name: David/Dave ****

Contact Name:David ****

CBR: what is this?

Email:****

Best Time to Reach: after 4pm

Account Number: the account number that no AT&T rep was able to find for
the past two months is ****; the "current" account number is

Address: previous address: ****; current address: ****

Short description of customer's issue.

For two months, we have been receiving collection notices from a
credit collections company claiming we owed $198 to AT&T. For two
months, we have been contacting AT&T to try to figure out why we
owed anything and WHY we were turned over to collections. Each time we
have called, we have never been on the phone for less than two hours.
On August 25th, we contacted AT&T and spoke with several customer
service reps and none of them were able to find any outstanding balance
owed nor any information on the account number we gave them. We received an email from a Raven H. that same date stating AT&T would
investigate the issue and get back with us.
On September 22nd,
we received another notice from the credit collections company. We
called AT&T at 5p.m. to try to get some answers. After speaking with eight different people, and being disconnected every time they
"transferred us," we finally found a customer service rep, Andrea, who
said, "Yes, that account number is past due and you do owe $198." Ummmm, how did Andrea, after two months of no other customer service rep being able to find the account number, all of a sudden find the account
number along with the balance owed?
When we asked for an
itemized statement to be sent to us, guess what? We were disconnected
yet again. Finally, at 7p.m., we managed to get through to Kwan, a quite unfriendly and unapologetic service rep who said he would send us an
itemized statement for that account number.
And, yet, Kwan was
unable/unwilling to explain why AT&T failed to contact us, as was
promised in an email from Raven H. August 25th, to inform us of their
"investigation into our issue," nor was he able/willing to tell us why
this account, which more than 20 customer service reps were unable to
find in the last two months, was turned over to collections. So, can
anyone at AT&T answer those questions for me? Better yet, can we get an apology from AT&T and a call from AT&T to the credit
collections company to inform them that the error was on AT&T's
end?????

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

David,

Was this ever resolved?  I have found that I am in the same situation for the past few months.  No one at AT&T seems to know how I or why I have a collections account with a collections agency.  I don't know an account number or anything.

Busbee-Young

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Hi-

This FINALLY was resolved after we became the "squeaky wheel" all over AT&T's social media sites. One of the "big guys" in the coporate office finally called, actually listened, and helped resolve the issue.

After being customers of AT&T for more than seven years, we have learned to expect to be on the phone with "customer service" for NO LESS THAN two hours if we have a problem, expect to be transferred numerous times, disconnected multiple times, given different answers depending on the person with whom we speak, and receive no real resolution to our problem. It is ridiculous that customers are treated in such a rude and unfriendly manner, but it has become the norm with AT&T.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Apparently, I am in the same situation from getting calls from the collection agency. It was for a charged that they refunded back to me and told me that I have a zero balance. But then why am I getting calls from the collection agency. This is ridiculous and I'm starting to really why AT&T are losing all there customer. I'm trying to be patient to let them resolved this issue, but I'm sure that posting on the social media is the key to get them to do anything.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I also recently have had this issue. I received TWO collection notices from collectors who AT&T apparently turned me over to. I was SHOCKED as I had RECEIVED A CHECK REFUND from AT&T within the last year for almost $100.00. If I'm receiving a check from them, then how the H*ll do I owe them anything??  I have not talked to AT&T yet and based on what I've read about how rude and unhelpful the customer service people are? Not looking forward to it. But I absolutley plan on getting to the bottom of how it is that I owe them anything if I was getting a refund check.

I will NEVER use AT&T again. When I had them in New Orleans, the service was awful, I had to stand up next to my door to get service and it dropped calls all the time. Verizon has been a dream in comparison. AT&T? If you're reading this forum,  you'd better get someone in  your system who can handle these questions efficiently. Customer service, hello- 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Same situation here.  We switched our internet service to another company and I immediately cancelled our AT&T account on 1/3/15.  I kept checking our account online to find out what the final bill was; AT&T generated a new statement billing us for service beyond 1/3/15.  When I called customer service, I was told not to pay it and that I would get a final bill.  The next month, I received another statement showing the balance and that it was past due.  Again, I called AT&T and was told (again) not to pay it and to wait for the final bill.  I received the final statement last week showing a balance of $4.26 and a due date of 3/18/15.  Yesterday, we received a  letter from an agency called Gatehouse which said that our AT&T account had been turned over to them for collection.  For $4.26 which was not even due!  Well, AT&T, the balance has been paid in full well before the due date so please put the money to good use.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Same thing here.. We're STILL AT&T customers and just upgraded from DSL to U-Verse ... had a credit that was to be applied to our DSL service due to speeds/outages/etc and that, along with the payment we made on that account, should have brought the balance to $0... now, without notice, or mail, email, phone call, etc.. I get a call from a collection company..

Ridiculous. We're enjoying the U-Verse service but this is a seriously frustrating oversight of Customer Service.. now, trying to find the correct number to call, since I never got anything via mail, etc.. regarding this (and came across this post).

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I am in the same situation getting calls from a collections agency. I have had received a check refund on March 2014 and 8 months after that I started getting the calls. Nobody (customer services) knows about this balance, they gave me different versions and my credit report still afected. NOBODY KNOWS, but I am sure I did ALL my payments, ALL of them.
I received a $2.15 refund check and they "said" it is a pending balance of $97.15. Last payment I did was on 2/20/2014 for $100, the balance has been paid in FULL. Please let me know why nobody knows about the "pending balance".
I was AT&T client for 5 years.....until I requested an information about new offers and a Customer Services Rep talked to me so bad....same on an AT&T store. I hope someone help me with this situation. THANKS!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I paid in full cancellation fee of $300 to at and t to be abe to close account and use my same phone number * best buy workers helped me do this ). I now have a $356 collections on my credit from a collections. I dont know where to begin but its hurting my credit . Please anyone help Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Same situation here. A credit collections company (RECEIVABLES PERFORMANCE) called me and claimed that I owed $43 to AT&T some time late 2015. Since then, I have been contacting AT&T WHY I was turned over to collections as I'm sure I pay my bills fully and timely all the time. Every time I called AT&T, including today, I got the same answer: no outstanding balance owed.

I also called the collection company and explained that AT&T said I have no balance owed, but the company just ignored me and insists that I owed AT&T $43. The most creepy thing is that the collection company calls me several times every single day, and when I answered it, they just keep silent. Moreover, due to this error, my credit report is also affected. I have been AT&T wireless user since I owned my cell phone, and I hope AT&T won't disappoint me and can assist me fix these errors. I’m really tired of receiving the harassment calls.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.