Reply
Posted Apr 7, 2013
Refund after cancelling service?

Hi,

I am not under contract, and am considering cancelling my service within the next few days.  However, I have just paid my monthly bill.  If I cancel so soon after my billing cycle begins, will I get any partial refund of the bill I've already paid? Or would I be better off to wait and cancel at the end of the month? Thanks for any help.

Refund after cancelling service?

1,303 views
11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Post reply
Replies
(11)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 7, 2013
0
(0)
Also-- I am NOT on a prepaid plan.

Re: Refund after cancelling service?

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 7, 2013
0
(0)
You will owe until the end of the billing cycle, so it's best to cancel at the end of the cycle.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Refund after cancelling service?

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 11, 2013
0
(0)

My experience with Sprint was you receive a prorated amount if you port your number over because the account immediately becomes inactive. By calling in to cancel, the account stays active until the end of your billing cycle.

 

When I was leaving Sprint, I too was told that I would still have to pay for the full month, but after searching their forum and finding a relevant thread I found out what I said above. I ended up receiving myl bill for the full amount, but instead of paying it I waited for another bill. The final bill was prorated and went from $80 to $25.

 

Long story short, I would either call to see if AT&Ts policy is the same or search the forum for the answer. 

Re: Refund after cancelling service?

[ Edited ]
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 7, 2013
0
(0)

I recently went through the same ordeal after porting my number over to T-mobile.

As long as you are a customer with an account, the customer service representatives tell you that you will receive a refund for the balance. When go back to ask for the refund cause they didn't settle it in the final bill, they point to the policy and say they dont give any refunds.

I have a lot of words for AT&T service at the moment, but I'd save them and just say - cancel / port your number on the second-to-last or last day of the billing cycle. You will never see a dime of refund from AT&T.

 

Hope this post helps some potential victim of AT&T's extortive policies.

Re: Refund after cancelling service?

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 7, 2013
0
(0)

amitgarud wrote:

I recently went through the same ordeal after porting my number over to T-mobile.

As long as you are a customer with an account, the customer service representatives tell you that you will receive a refund for the balance. When go back to ask for the refund cause they didn't settle it in the final bill, they point to the policy and say they dont give any refunds.

I have a lot of words for AT&T service at the moment, but I'd save them and just say - cancel / port your number on the second-to-last or last day of the billing cycle. You will never see a dime of refund from AT&T.

 

Hope this post helps some potential victim of AT&T's extortive policies.


you will find that verizon and sprint also do not pro-rate teh final bill and they don;t give refunds for unused service. You won't see a dime from them either. Oh by the way, t-mobile has the same policy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Refund after cancelling service?

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 7, 2013
0
(0)

AT&T, like many cell providers, bill you one month in advance. So if you cancelled your service at the end of your bill cycle you will not receive a refund, because you used the phone for that month. On the other hand of that if you are at the start or middle of your cycle you will receive the final month or however many days left of the cycle in a refund, which you will get in a check 10 days after your final bill posts.

 

As the person with sprint pointed out you may not get a full refund the majority off cancelled accounts get prorated so your final bill may be a couple of days not a full month.

 

as in you have 3 days left you will be billed for the 27 days and credited for 3.

 

some customers may not receive a check if there is no outstanding credit on the account after the prorated credit

hope this helps 

Re: Refund after cancelling service?

[ Edited ]
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 7, 2013
0
(0)

Grevanj19 wrote:

AT&T, like many cell providers, bill you one month in advance. So if you cancelled your service at the end of your bill cycle you will not receive a refund, because you used the phone for that month. On the other hand of that if you are at the start or middle of your cycle you will receive the final month or however many days left of the cycle in a refund, which you will get in a check 10 days after your final bill posts.

 

hope this helps 


where are you seeing that they prorate the final bill?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Refund after cancelling service?

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 7, 2013
0
(0)

I don't know exactly where or if its on the website, I'm speaking from general knowledge and personal experience with proration with companies.

 

It's the same as changing your plan mid cycle. You get a refund for the old plain and charged for the new plan for however many days are left, but with canceling there is no new plan just the charge for the days they have used and a credit for the remaining days off the normal monthly bill.

Re: Refund after cancelling service?

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 8, 2013
0
(0)

Grevanj19 wrote:

I don't know exactly where or if its on the website, I'm speaking from general knowledge and personal experience with proration with companies.

 

It's the same as changing your plan mid cycle. You get a refund for the old plain and charged for the new plan for however many days are left, but with canceling there is no new plan just the charge for the days they have used and a credit for the remaining days off the normal monthly bill.


changing your plan in mid cycle does not equate to terminating services, they will credit the old plans remaining time and then add back the pro-rate cost of the new plan, this is normal, but if service is canceled in mid-billing cycle the bills is not pro-rated, you are charged for the ful month of final service. Two completely different senarios.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Refund after cancelling service?

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 8, 2013
0
(0)

I've cancelled service before with at&t. Received a prorated bill for the services I terminated. I'm sorry but you are mistaken. 

Re: Refund after cancelling service?

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 8, 2013
0
(0)

Grevanj19 wrote:

I've cancelled service before with at&t. Received a prorated bill for the services I terminated. I'm sorry but you are mistaken. 


reaching out to the att members that support us for documentation and a link to the policy. have seen to many posts from people that have canceled service complaining about being charged for a full month.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Refund after cancelling service?

Share this post
Share this post