Posted Mar 10, 2013
12:52:46 AM
Late fee?

If you are 2 days late on your cell phone bill, do they charge a late fee? How much is it? Thanks.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Mar 10, 2013 3:41:09 AM
(0)
Expert

dsleffelks wrote:

If you are 2 days late on your cell phone bill, do they charge a late fee? How much is it? Thanks.

http://www.att.com/shop/legalterms.html?toskey=wirelessCustomerAgreement&

1.7 What if I fail to pay my AT&T Bill when it is due?

Late payment charges are based on the state to which the area code of the wireless telephone number assigned to you is assigned by the North American Numbering Plan Administration (for area code assignments see nationalnanpa.com/area_code_maps). You agree that for amounts not paid by the due date, AT&T may charge, as a part of its rates and charges, and you agree to pay, a late payment fee of $5 in CT, D.C., DE, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MO, NH, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, VA, VT, WI, WV; the late payment charge is 1.5% of the balance carried forward to the next bill in all other states. In the event you fail to pay billed charges when due and it becomes necessary for AT&T to refer your account(s) to a third party for collection, AT&T will charge a collection fee at the maximum percentage permitted by applicable law, but not to exceed 18% to cover the internal collection-related costs AT&T has incurred on such account(s) through and including the date on which AT&T refer(s) the account(s) to such third party.

You expressly authorize, and specifically consent to allowing, AT&T and/or its outside collection agencies, outside counsel, or other agents to contact you in connection with any and all matters relating to unpaid past due charges billed by AT&T to you. You agree that, for attempts to collect unpaid past due charges, such contact may be made to any mailing address, telephone number, cellular phone number, e-mail address, or any other electronic address that you have provided, or may in the future provide, to AT&T. You agree and acknowledge that any e-mail address or any other electronic address that you provide to AT&T is your private address and is not accessible to unauthorized third parties. For attempts to collect unpaid charges, you agree that in addition to individual persons attempting to communicate directly with you, any type of contact described above may be made using, among other methods, pre-recorded or artificial voice messages delivered by an automatic telephone dialing system, pre-set e-mail messages delivered by an automatic e-mailing system, or any other pre-set electronic messages delivered by any other automatic electronic messaging system.

Accepted Solution

Late fee?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Mar 10, 2013 3:41:09 AM
(0)
Expert

dsleffelks wrote:

http://www.att.com/shop/legalterms.html?toskey=wirelessCustomerAgreement&

1.7 What if I fail to pay my AT&T Bill when it is due?

Late payment charges are based on the state to which the area code of the wireless telephone number assigned to you is assigned by the North American Numbering Plan Administration (for area code assignments see nationalnanpa.com/area_code_maps). You agree that for amounts not paid by the due date, AT&T may charge, as a part of its rates and charges, and you agree to pay, a late payment fee of $5 in CT, D.C., DE, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MO, NH, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, VA, VT, WI, WV; the late payment charge is 1.5% of the balance carried forward to the next bill in all other states. In the event you fail to pay billed charges when due and it becomes necessary for AT&T to refer your account(s) to a third party for collection, AT&T will charge a collection fee at the maximum percentage permitted by applicable law, but not to exceed 18% to cover the internal collection-related costs AT&T has incurred on such account(s) through and including the date on which AT&T refer(s) the account(s) to such third party.

You expressly authorize, and specifically consent to allowing, AT&T and/or its outside collection agencies, outside counsel, or other agents to contact you in connection with any and all matters relating to unpaid past due charges billed by AT&T to you. You agree that, for attempts to collect unpaid past due charges, such contact may be made to any mailing address, telephone number, cellular phone number, e-mail address, or any other electronic address that you have provided, or may in the future provide, to AT&T. You agree and acknowledge that any e-mail address or any other electronic address that you provide to AT&T is your private address and is not accessible to unauthorized third parties. For attempts to collect unpaid charges, you agree that in addition to individual persons attempting to communicate directly with you, any type of contact described above may be made using, among other methods, pre-recorded or artificial voice messages delivered by an automatic telephone dialing system, pre-set e-mail messages delivered by an automatic e-mailing system, or any other pre-set electronic messages delivered by any other automatic electronic messaging system.

Re: Late fee?

2 of 5 (13,481 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 10, 2013 4:14:21 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thank you!

3 of 5 (13,470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 10, 2013 9:54:29 AM
(0)
Scholar
If it only 2 days there will most likley be no charges , most companies will charge after 10 days

4 of 5 (13,418 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 21, 2013 6:33:57 AM
(0)
Tutor
Well, to be clear yes you will be charged either 5% of the balance due or just a flat rate of five dollars depending on your state. Personally if you are always going to be late that can get annoying so just change your due date.

5 of 5 (12,979 Views)