Posted Dec 5, 2012
7:41:21 PM
How to get veteran/military discount?

My husband and I have an att wireless account under my husband's name and we get a veteran/military discount on that account.

Our new uverse account is under my name. How can we avail of the military discount? Do we have to change the name on the account to his name?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Dec 6, 2012 5:19:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Unless it's a new policy, there is no military discount on Uverse. In fact, unllike AT&T Mobility, there are very, very, very few employer related discounts on Uverse.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

How to get veteran/military discount?

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 5, 2012 7:51:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Send a personal message to  AT&TCustomerCare.  Click on the hyper link and you will be taken to their profile.  Send the PM and watch the blue envelope on the forum page for message notification.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How to get veteran/military discount?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Dec 6, 2012 5:19:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Unless it's a new policy, there is no military discount on Uverse. In fact, unllike AT&T Mobility, there are very, very, very few employer related discounts on Uverse.

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 6, 2012 5:40:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Dec 6, 2012 at 5:41:01 AM

MicCheck wrote:

You are correct.  There is no Uverse discount, only wireless.

That being said, my experience was that our cellphone plan was under my name but when my husband started working for a company that did offer a discount, we had to change the account to HIS name.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 24, 2013 5:21:35 PM
(0)
Contributor

Does AT&T offer discounts for seniors and veterans?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 24, 2013 5:35:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

None that I've heard of or seen. I'm retired Navy and do not get a discount.  Very few businesses give military discounts anymore unless you live right next to a military base.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 26, 2013 12:43:13 PM
(0)
Mentor

If your low income you might want to google Lifeline and read up on that.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 10, 2013 11:40:47 AM
(0)
Tutor

https://www.wireless.att.com/business/authenticate/

For information regarding your organization's discount, please visit the Premier department at the page link above.  You will find a field to enter your company-provided/or military  email address to get your discount.

If you do not have a company-provided email address, or if you would prefer to call, you can reach the Business Premier department at 1-866-499-8008.   Monday through Friday.

Thank you for serving in the US Military. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 12, 2013 6:54:10 PM
(0)
Employee

anoneemouse81 wrote:

My husband and I have an att wireless account under my husband's name and we get a veteran/military discount on that account.

Our new uverse account is under my name. How can we avail of the military discount? Do we have to change the name on the account to his name?

I know this is probably a little late to tell you this, but if you had set up the U-Verse account in his name, you could have qualified for additional discounts because of your cell service with us.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.