tsai24's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, November 1st, 2014 5:44 PM

Have tried to cancel internet service 3 different times now and STILL hasn't worked.

My mom has tried to cancel our AT&T HSI Basic 3 times now over a 2 month period and each time the customer service rep has not cancelled it. She's called the customer service # at 1.877.722.3755. We want to cancel it because the service is too slow so we have already switched to another internet provider and do not even have our AT&T router hooked up anymore.

The first time was on 8/30 with a rep named Mark and he even gave a cancellation order#D298092 which when I type in to check online gives me error messages S100 and E0019. He told my mom because she called on a Saturday she would have to wait until 9/3/14 for the order to go through. Okay, we assume it goes through on 9/3/14.

Not so, we receive another bill for 9/3-10/2 so my mom calls AT&T again. She talks to someone named Mary this time and is assured the cancel order will go through this time.

Nope because we receive another bill for 10/03-11/02 and we even have a late payment charge now for the previous bill cycle. So my mom calls again and talks to someone named Rene who, along with her manager, try to cancel our service but they say they keep getting error messages so they will call back another day (she said Tuesday because we called her on Friday and she had Monday off) but she did not call back Tuesday and so our service is still not cancelled.

Seriously, what am I supposed to do? The first 2 reps didn't even say anything about getting error messages and the last one did not follow through. Are they supposed to contact their IT and make sure the error is resolved before they can cancel it? If I call again I feel like the same thing will happen again so how do I make sure it is cancelled this time?

I also have the ID# of 3 employees and they were all people my mom talked to, even if I might not have named them because her notes are confusing to read through (such as there is also a rep named Daniel that she talked to but I am not sure on which date).

All in all AT&T says we now owe them $73.97 even though we cancelled on 8/30 and I bet we are going to receive another bill this month. Please help. I do not want to go into angry customer mode because I believe the customer service reps are doing their best but it is not enough. What is the best course of action now?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @tsai24 Welcome to the Forums!

I'm very sorry you're having some issues with account cancelling and service. Our team will be happy to help you with whatever we can! Please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for your advice @ATTDmitriyCM.

Luckily I received a final bill notice in the mail yesterday with CR to the account for the penalties and previous bills we had received after my mom had called to cancel.

I assume it was Rene/someone in her office that was able to get the order through and cancelled, she just didn't follow up on it. Glad it has finally ended.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.