Posted Jan 25, 2013
Halo, can anyone tell me what is wap.cingular on my AT&T bill under send data/text? TX

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
1-31-2013 11:13:42 AM
(0)

Hello @philip13, this is a great question. WAP is an AT&T internal service network, or access point.  It supports the following features/services:  the ability to view a Web page, purchase and download third-party content (games, wallpapers, applications, and ringtones), access some e-mail accounts, and log into some IM networks.

Any of these transactions accessed via this internal service network will show as WAP.cingular.

~Julie Rae

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Halo, can anyone tell me what is wap.cingular on my AT&T bill under send data/text? TX

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 25, 2013
(0)
That would be data sent from your phone, as you have stated. Anything more you need ot know?

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: Halo, can anyone tell me what is wap.cingular on my AT&T bill under send data/text? TX

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jan 31, 2013
(0)

Hello @philip13, this is a great question. WAP is an AT&T internal service network, or access point.  It supports the following features/services:  the ability to view a Web page, purchase and download third-party content (games, wallpapers, applications, and ringtones), access some e-mail accounts, and log into some IM networks.

Any of these transactions accessed via this internal service network will show as WAP.cingular.

~Julie Rae

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Halo, can anyone tell me what is wap.cingular on my AT&T bill under send data/text? TX

[ Edited ]
Solution