Posted Dec 7, 2013
10:08:37 AM
FAN Discount and New Plans

Currently, I have an indivdual plan (450 nation plan) with unlimted texting and data for non-smartphones.

With this plan, I currently recieve a 20% service discount off of my monthly bill with my FAN number.

I desire a smartphone.  If i get a smartphone (and then be forced to change my non-smartphone plan into a plan that goes with smartphones) what plans can I get that will still honor my FAN number.

My 20% service discount is very important to me and I would like to keep it.

Can I get the Value Plans with no contract pricing ($25/month plus data charge) and get my 20% off service discount?  See link:

http://www.att.com/att/mobilesharevalue/index.html

24 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(24)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 7, 2013 1:07:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

cellnewbie09 wrote:

Currently, I have an indivdual plan (450 nation plan) with unlimted texting and data for non-smartphones.

With this plan, I currently recieve a 20% service discount off of my monthly bill with my FAN number.

I desire a smartphone.  If i get a smartphone (and then be forced to change my non-smartphone plan into a plan that goes with smartphones) what plans can I get that will still honor my FAN number.

My 20% service discount is very important to me and I would like to keep it.

Can I get the Value Plans with no contract pricing ($25/month plus data charge) and get my 20% off service discount?  See link:

http://www.att.com/att/mobilesharevalue/index.html

I believ4e if you have the old account type you can still access the old data plans. Your discount will not apply to the data if you can still access there old plans. If these new value plans are like the original shared plan the discount will only apply to the service portion of the plan and not to the device charges

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: FAN Discount and New Plans

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 8, 2013 9:37:35 AM
(0)
Mentor

Actually, I just tried it and it doesn't seem to let me get the old data plans (like the DataPro 3gb for $30/mo). The system lets me *see* the old data plans, but once I add the smartphone in my cart and continue to checkout, it erases my plan selections and forces me to get the new Value Plans.

And if anyone is wondering about what happens to their FAN discount, it seems to apply still.  But it applies to the data portion (300mb to 20gb) and not to the $25/mo (or $40/mo with 2 year agreement).

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 8, 2013 10:34:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

cellnewbie09 wrote:

Actually, I just tried it and it doesn't seem to let me get the old data plans (like the DataPro 3gb for $30/mo). The system lets me *see* the old data plans, but once I add the smartphone in my cart and continue to checkout, it erases my plan selections and forces me to get the new Value Plans.

And if anyone is wondering about what happens to their FAN discount, it seems to apply still.  But it applies to the data portion (300mb to 20gb) and not to the $25/mo (or $40/mo with 2 year agreement).

correct the data portion is also the voice and text portion of the plan, you choose the amount of data you want to pay for and you also get unlinited voice and texting

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 10, 2013 7:13:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

Is it true that the FAN discounts do NOT work with the 300MB plan? I was about to make the switch myself, I am off contract with a 20% FAN discount, and was going to go with the bottom level $45 300MB Mobile Share Value plan, with the expectation of my FAN working on the 300MB portion. But then I ran across this post: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1818251-New-mobile-share-plans?p=15300816#post15300816. Not sure what to believe now. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 11, 2013 10:31:07 AM
(0)
Employee

In my experience, the Fan discount applies to the core of the plan only.

On the Mobile share 300mb, the core of the plan is $20 ($20 plan + $25 phone charge), so the percentage discount is relatively lower.

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 11, 2013 7:49:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Scholar

If for whatever reason you accidentally get kicked out of your unlimited plan, you can call AT&T and have them switch it back.

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: ACE is a forum title; I am not affiliated with AT&T]

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 26, 2014 4:49:27 PM
(0)
Teacher

Hello

I am so angry right now that my employee discount is taken away becuase I switch from 450 minutes plan with 3GB to the NEW AT&T Mobile Share Value Plan with 300MB and now I don't get my discount.  I have called AT&T to fix the problem and now they said I can't get my old plan because it is out of the 30 days window.  I was told before I switch to AT&T Mobile Share Value plan that my Employee Discount is still apply to the 300MB.  Now they said it would not apply and I have to get the 1GB in order to qualify for it.  THIS IS A RIP OFF.  The representative LIES and now I am going to the FCC to complain about AT&T to see if I can get my Employee discount back.   I ask the rep 7 times to see if it will apply and they said YES.  Now they said it does not apply.  I talk with 2 supervisor and they said they can't do anything.  The 2 "supervisors" are "Covering" themselves up stating that they have been "Misinfomed" and that is LIES.  As a "Supervisor" or any other employee you are SUPPOSE to ask the HIRE UPS to get the correct infomation and just not tell customer the WRONG INFO.  Now I am so mad and I am still on a 2 year contract.  Next year it is over THANK GOD!  If I can't get my Employee discount back then it is USELESS and I don't know what to do but I will have to ride out the contract anyway.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 26, 2014 6:05:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

mikecintel wrote:

Hello

I am so angry right now that my employee discount is taken away becuase I switch from 450 minutes plan with 3GB to the NEW AT&T Mobile Share Value Plan with 300MB and now I don't get my discount.  I have called AT&T to fix the problem and now they said I can't get my old plan because it is out of the 30 days window.  I was told before I switch to AT&T Mobile Share Value plan that my Employee Discount is still apply to the 300MB.  Now they said it would not apply and I have to get the 1GB in order to qualify for it.  THIS IS A RIP OFF.  The representative LIES and now I am going to the FCC to complain about AT&T to see if I can get my Employee discount back.   I ask the rep 7 times to see if it will apply and they said YES.  Now they said it does not apply.  I talk with 2 supervisor and they said they can't do anything.  The 2 "supervisors" are "Covering" themselves up stating that they have been "Misinfomed" and that is LIES.  As a "Supervisor" or any other employee you are SUPPOSE to ask the HIRE UPS to get the correct infomation and just not tell customer the WRONG INFO.  Now I am so mad and I am still on a 2 year contract.  Next year it is over THANK GOD!  If I can't get my Employee discount back then it is USELESS and I don't know what to do but I will have to ride out the contract anyway.

It can take a couple of billing cycles for the FAN discount to kick back in

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 26, 2014 6:11:45 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thank you for your reply.  I spoke to them and they said it will NOT apply to your account.

Thanks,

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 26, 2014 10:37:21 PM
(0)
Scholar
If you get the 1gb plan and qualify for the discount your bill would be 76 dollars a month. But since you don't get a discount with the 300mb plan plan your bill is 60 dollars a month.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 27, 2014 4:55:32 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks for the reply.  I was PROMISSED to get the discount for the 300MB.  Now they are lying.  I can't believe such a huge company like AT&T would do such a thing.  That is NOT how you run a business.  Doing business should be HONEST so you can have more customers.  Not decieving your customers.  Then your customers would FLEE to another company.  If you want to "retain" your customer you should be honest.  Basically AT&T is "gouging" the price so you can PAY MORE to them.  Anyway I am waiting for the reply from the FCC and the BBB that I just complaint. 

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 27, 2014 7:28:17 AM
(0)
Scholar
They keep getting more customers because of the fact that they offer a service we like and want. Whether they lie to you or not. That's why they are such a big company

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 27, 2014 8:20:39 AM
(0)
Teacher

People need to wake up and smell the cofee becuase people being are being decived.  AT&T is brainwashing people.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 28, 2014 1:45:52 AM
(0)
Employee

That is absolutely true the AT&T Mobile Share Value Plan 300mb is not qualFified for the service discount. The minimum that was counted for the FAN service discount is the AT&T Mobile Share Value Plan 1GB up. The service discount was always applied on the base charge of the mobile share plan. For example at the mobile share value 1GB, you have 2 smartphones with contract. That will be $45 base charge + $40 smartphone+$40 smartphone=$125 in total but the discount will be applied on the $45 base charge not for the total bill of $125/month bill. I hope I was able to help you :smileyhappy:

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 28, 2014 4:50:52 AM
(0)
Teacher

Hello

WELL.... AT&T LIED to me and that is JUST PLAIN WORNG!.  How would you like to be LIED to and found out the truth and you discount will not apply?  I don't have that kind of money to spend.  AT&T is basically ripping off people.  I STILL NEED MY DISCOUNT APPLIED TO MY 300MB BECUASE I WAS PROMISSED THAT.  AT&T DOES NOT KEEP THEIR PRMOISE AT ALL.  THIS IS ONE MISERABLE  and AWFUL COMPANY TO BE WITH!  Don't know why people are this will this DISGUSTING company?  I am stuck with AT&T because it is a 2 Year contact otherwise I will leave.  I AM NOT PAYING the ETF at all unless AT&T will wavie the ETF then that is fine and I will be switching to another company.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 28, 2014 7:08:37 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @mikecintel 

I'm sorry for the issue you're experiencing with AT&T. As other users explained above, unfortunately we can't apply any discounts to the plan that doesn't qualify, I apologize you were misinformed about it. Our team can review your account and go over your options with you, we can definitely help you find the best plan for your needs. Please send us a private message by clicking here with your name, phone number and the best time you can be reached.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 28, 2014 7:48:32 AM
(0)
Explorer
I was told the same thing about the 300 mb plan. I'm glad I didn't switch bc I didn't believe them after reading the forums. I don't understand why they lie to people.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 28, 2014 11:05:08 AM
(0)
Teacher

Hello Dmitiriy,

If you call me and review my account and tell me to get the 1GB I WILL NOT GET THE 1GB.  There is NO BEST PLAN for my needs.  The BEST PLAN for my needs is the 300MB also the unlimited talk and text WITH  MY EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT.  THAT is the BEST PLAN for me. IF and that is a BIG IF you can give me back my EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT for the 300MB with unlimited talk and text the current plan I have then I can give you my name and phone number.  OTHERWISE NO TALK AT ALL.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 28, 2014 11:07:16 AM
(0)
Teacher

Hello

You are lucking you didn't switch.  Otherwise you will be like what I am going through so Angry and Mad.  They lie to you becuase they are CRAZY and DING DONGS and they just want to get your MONEY $$$.  They don't there customer at all.  See what the MORANS and DINGS DONGS did to me and now I am SOOOO  ANGERY.  I guest the customer service at AT&T are TRAINNED to say that to there customer's so the employee discounts are taken away so AT&T can make MORE MONEY $$$$.  Now that I though about that.  AT&T is EVIL I TELL YOU EVIL.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 6, 2014 7:33:50 AM
(0)
Teacher

UPDATE:

Yesterday (2-5-2014) AT&T Exevutives called me because I complaint to the BBB.  The rep I was talking to said AT&T will credit my employee discount 18% discount on ONE (1) bill for the next month because I only 17 months left on contract until May 2015.  Now I am FINE with what they are doing becuase they will combine $3.60 * 17 months wich will be a total of $61.20.  After the Next bill it will be back to the regular billing which is with taxes $71.19 each month till the end of the bill.  The rep said that the employee discount does not apply to the 300MB UGH but will give the discount in one bill to make up for the 17 months I have left with AT&T.  After I switch to the NEW PLAN I should be told this then I won't have problems like I have now.

Well anyway thank goodness this is resolved and after my contract is finsihed I will be switching to a PREPAID.

What a RELIEF!

I don't like how there COPORATE MANAGEMENT are handling things and this show you that there MANAGEMENT is HORRIBLE.  

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 11, 2014 8:35:10 AM
(0)
Contributor

Can someon explain to me how the new plan will work with my FAN discount of 25%

I have 2 lines and interested in the 10GB plan

10GB Plan = $100

2 Lines = $30 ($15 per line)

Now which part does the FAN discount apply. Never can get a straight answer from the reps. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 11, 2014 8:38:28 AM
(0)
Scholar
You will get 25 dollars off the 100 dollars. So it would be 75 plus 30 for both lines

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 11, 2014 9:00:56 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks. But just confusing

I just got off the phone with ATT rep.

1st rep said 25% on the entire $130

2nd rep said $0 discount since the $100 already reflects a discount..

This is just hilarious that getting different answers depending on who i speak to.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 11, 2014 9:30:06 PM
(0)
Employee

I am handling IRU account or accounts with FAN attached on it. The service discount is always applied on the base charge of the share value plan(For example on the 10GB share plan, it will be applied on the $100 base charge not for the whole price of the plan) PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE 300MB SHARE PLAN IS NOT QUALIFIED FOR THE SERVICE DISCOUNT. For the new value share plan it will be best if chooose the 10GB up so you can get more savings!