For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Friday, March 28th, 2014 8:59 PM

Double billed after upgrading to Uverse

Hello

I upgraded my internet service package to "Uverse" and recently was charged twice, once on my online AT&T account (which is correct) and another charge for the old rate on my online checking acct for $57. 

So I was charged twice for one month of internet service. This is what the AT&T phone rep explained to me when I called 1-877- 543-5937. She just flat out admitted I was charged twice in one month for internet like it was no problem.

Why didn't they just cancel the old service package and only charge me for the new service package? I don't see why I was charged for both service packages in one month???

On my end I'm only receiving one month of internet access. Yet I was charged for essentially 2 months of internet access in one month. Both at the same internet speeds as well... it's essentially the same internet service with a different package name as I have noticed no significant difference.

Do you not see how this is unethical?

Guru

• 

349 Messages

10 years ago

Hello User,

It's unfortunate that you were charged twice for one month of service. I advise you to send a private message to ATTDSLCare with a description of your issue, your contact and account information, as well as the best time to reach you. They will get in contact with you within 2-3 business days. Hopefully they will be able to help you take care of your billing issues.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Ok I did that. Thank you. Hopefully they will be able to understand this problem. I tried explaining the issue as clearly as I can. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I just found out I have been double billed for a year.  AT&T never cancelled my old account. I upgraded my Uverse acct and also moved to a different apartment.  Even then I was getting charged for the old acct for a year. When I contacted the customer support they said an ivestigation will be launched. When I asked when I would know about the outcome he said he does not know, it could be a day , a week or a month.  What a response.  I was not even provided with any case n 

I am talking about almost 1800 USd here (141/month *12month)/ 

I am going to call again and again until I get it done and possibly cancel service and never look back at AT&T again in my life. 

Just imagine a reverse situation where I was not paying their bill, then there would be collection agency all over me.  Now that  they owe me,  I feel helpless.  

Any suggestion would be welcome. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

That's why i get a paper bill. ATT tries to be slick and you call to upgrade you from dsl to uverse and then they say technically you didn't cancel the dsl, you just added uverse.This makes no sense. Now for you to try to get your money back will take forever or they'll come up with some bull oh, we don't give refunds, only credit. Bunch of grave robbers.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @chakum 

I'm very sorry to hear about the billing issue you're having. Our team will be happy to help with whatever we can! Please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

wow thought i was alone on this issue been the same for months calling told it is fixed only to get another bill saying its late on top of being charged for two internet accounts. getting very frustrated.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.