Posted Nov 1, 2012
10:58:54 PM
Cinemax/HBO addon

When I signed up for the service I had 3 free months of Cinemax/HBO package ($26) - I did not want it at the first place coz I figured I might forget to cancel but the sales just persuaded me to try it out and cancel it later. Sure enough I forgot about cancellating it right after 3 months, instead I cancelled it 3 days after the 3rd billing cycle ended. I should be entitled for the credit back for the unused days, right? (If not, I would rather keep it until the end of the 4th billing cycle.)

I PM'ed ATTCustomerCare for the credit back for the unused days of service but I don't get a single reply. So now I don't get either the refund, or access to the Cinemax/HBO package till the end of the billing cycle. So what's the deal here?!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Nov 2, 2012 4:25:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
In other words, the credit will show up next month.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Cinemax/HBO addon

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Nov 2, 2012 1:45:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

When you remove/downgrade service, the billing system automatically generates a credit for the unused service. 

Let's say your billing cycle is the 1 through the end of the month. On October 1, you would have been billed for a month of HBO/Cinemax. If you called on October 4 to have it removed, your November one billing statement will show a prorated credit for HBO/Cinemax from October 4 to October 31.

No action is required from you or a representative to get that credit.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Cinemax/HBO addon

2 of 3 (2,397 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Nov 2, 2012 4:25:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
In other words, the credit will show up next month.

Re: Cinemax/HBO addon

3 of 3 (2,381 Views)
Solution