Need help understanding your bill?
pvdg42's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, November 10th, 2011 2:47 PM

Are Calls Between Two ATT Mobile Phones Really Free?

After our daughter told us that minutes used in calls between two ATT mobile phones are not charged to either subscriber (she recently switched), I called ATT customer support to confirm. After a conversation with a person who seemed to have difficuly understanding my question, the answer was "Yes, you will not be billed for minutes used in calls between two ATT mobile subscribers".

I'm concerned because when I check usage online, it appears that the minutes in the ATT - ATT calls are accumulating toward our limit, and I don't want to find out the hard way that I "misunderstood" the ATT rep when a huge bill arrives.

Does anybody know how I can get this "free minutes between ATT phones" in writing?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@pvdg42 wrote:

After our daughter told us that minutes used in calls between two ATT mobile phones are not charged to either subscriber (she recently switched), I called ATT customer support to confirm. After a conversation with a person who seemed to have difficuly understanding my question, the answer was "Yes, you will not be billed for minutes used in calls between two ATT mobile subscribers".

I'm concerned because when I check usage online, it appears that the minutes in the ATT - ATT calls are accumulating toward our limit, and I don't want to find out the hard way that I "misunderstood" the ATT rep when a huge bill arrives.

Does anybody know how I can get this "free minutes between ATT phones" in writing?

Mobile calls between two ATT cell phones are not chargeable

Mobile calls between ATT and a different carrier are chargeable unless you have Unlimited Texting with Mobile to and Mobile and a qualifying voice plan.

It is documented on the website in the tos. You can also see it on the OLAM screen fro yout recent usage, one of the columns is labeled Mobile to Mobile, if you highlight the ? next to header talks about what the total includes

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

372 Messages

12 years ago

Is make sure to check your plan though. There are still a few really old plans that don't include mobile to mobile calling, if you have one of these plans that may be why your anytime minutes appear to be being used.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Wingridge laid this out pretty clearly. Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

12 years ago

• The customer receives a call while within the calling area of their rate plan.
  • The call can be received from any other AT&T subscriber anywhere in the world.
  • The call bills as M2M and will not deduct from the customer's plan minutes.
    Note: The AT&T customer making the call may incur charges based on their location when the call is made.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Right you are Imstef!
I called again and found, by presistently asking about calls counting toward limits that should no have, that my account was one that DID NOT include free ATT mobile-to-mobile calling.
I switched plans and now have that. Moral: do NOT accept a generic answer. Double check.

Employee

• 

372 Messages

12 years ago

I'm glad to help! There aren't many plans out there that don't have the mobile to mobile but there are a few of em. Good to hear we got you fixed up.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.