Need help understanding your bill?
PeterLg's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Monday, November 24th, 2014 4:28 PM

ATT deceived customer about switching to another carrier

Here is my story. My contract with att officially ends on the 20th of Nov. 2014. Because I wanted to get my ifone unlocked and did not want to get another bill from att (after my contract officially ended), I asked one of the att rep about which day I should switch to another carrier. The att rep told me that I would have to wait till the 22nd of Nov. to switch so my fone can be unlocked, and I would not receive another bill for that 2 day services ( since my contract officially ended). I did what he told me and switch to tmobile on the 22nd of Nov. However, att is billing me for 2 bills, one for the period of Oct to Nov, 20th and another one for the period of Nov, 20 to Dec 19th. Att is billing me the entire moth for that 2 day services from Nov. 20th to Nov. 22nd. I called them back and asked why did they charge me the entire month for that 2 days service. I told them why the other rep said that att would not charge me for the 2 days service, and that the other rep told me that to get my fone unlocked I would have to wait 2 days. She said that is the policy and if i dont pay, my credit will be affected.

Att reps never tell the same story to customers. They told whatever they want to get more money from customer. Now, I will ask my aunt, who stays with att for 17 years, to switch to another carrier as soon as possible because of att's deceptive method.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

if you need unlocked phone contacted this person. this  person unlocked my phone . this person service very good. [Inappropriate content removed]

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the info. My fone is unlocked already. However, my concern here is that the att rep lied about the unlock and the service charge. They said for 2-day service (after my contract officially ends), they would not charge, but they did charge me the entire month for using their service for 2 days. Right now, I am helping my aunt to switch her family (6 lines, 17 years with att) to t mobile.

I want to warn ppl about dealing with att here.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

9 years ago

Be aware that T-Mobile (and Sprint and Verizon Wireless) also charge for a full month of service, regardless of the point in the month that you cancel service.  AT&T's policy regarding paying a full month for the last month of service is in writing.  Any time a rep says something verbally that contradicts what AT&T puts in writing, the written statements stand.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

So you are saying the rep did not know about att policy ? So you are saying the customer suppose to know att policy better than att rep itself ? If so, then you are stating another problem here that Att did not train their reps at all. So this becomes a much bigger problem if att did not train their rep about att policy....HILARIOUS!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Dear Peterlg,

I had a similar issue, this same week.  I have been a longtime customer of AT&T (close to 11 years), 40 of my family members are customers too.  I always paid my bill on time "always" but I never had an issue.  I kept reading about how untrained their customer service reps were but didn't believe it.  Well, the first time this week I had an issue.  I was accepted to a job on a Indian reservation and there is no AT&T.  So, I had needed to switch to another provider.  Before I did the switch I called the AT&T customer service and they informed me that there was nothing they could do about my Early Termination Fee (ETF) that I had to pay even though I was a deployed federal government employee going to a hardship area.  I hung up and called back customer rep #2 stated that there are things we can do, so he went through the list and selected one scenario and I was told all I had to do was send an email that was provided to me and they would waive it.  I then went and changed to another carrier.  I got an email back after the switch and they told me no they can't waive it.  I needed to provide proof.  I faxed in my acceptance letter and a notarized contract for my relocation to the reservation.  I got another email back that you do qualify for the deployed federal government employee BUT you are no longer with AT&T, therefore we can't waive it.  I been on the phone with additional supervisors from AT&T etc.  I not only paid my November bill but also December bill in advance and I am with another provider, yet even with proof they will not waive my ETF unless I cancel wih my new provider, reactivate with AT&T they cancel ETF and then reactivate with new provider.  How about since I paid in advance, gave you documentation, been a devoted long time customer "WHO WAS NEVER LATE," my credit score is the highest out of 97% of the population they still is charging me the fee.  AT&T does not value their customers, we are just a number.  I was going to after my tour of duty switch back but after this I will NEVER come back to AT&T and my 40 family members are going to new carriers after their contract end.  If the first customer service rep would have told me to send the documentation then they will waive the fee and then I could switch that would of been great but they now have close to $300 bucks of my money.  This is just principle now.  They could waive the fee and avoid all this running around and mass confusion from the reps.  I feel I was meant to be deceived, so in the end I still had to pay the fee.  I am going into my tour of duty disappointed over this craziness.  I wasn't switching to just switch.  I was switching because AT&T didn't have the service on the reservation.  One rep even told me AT&T has service on all military installations.  I was like sir, I will be on an Indian reservation not a military base. Very unfortunate, they lost a dedicated customer.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

Dear Cherokeerose,

Thanks for sharing your story, so other people can be alerted about att's reps. It seems like they do all they can to bring in money for att, even if they have to deceive their customers. I am not sure if they were just ignorant or they did that on purpose to cheat their customers, but neither was acceptable.

Now I will warn my colleagues and all my friends about att's reps. They think their customers are just a bunch of fools.

Regards
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.