For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
jozion's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 3:50 PM

AT&T Next Questions.

Are AT&T Next payments added on to my existing wireless bill? Or is this a totally new contract with new data plan?  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

It will be included on your wireless bill.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

The NEXT agreements are not service contracts. They are hardware purchase agreements. They are separate from your phone service, but as a courtesy to you, AT&T does bill it on your monthly phone service bill. This gives you the advantage that you can make one payment to cover your phone service and your hardware purchase, but it also means that if you cancel your monthly phone service, you need to pay the full remaining balance on your NEXT agreement (since you won't be getting any more monthly phone bills).

Many people confuse their NEXT agreements with their service contracts, so you are not alone in this.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

I, too, am a Next phone buyer but am totally confused WHEN the Next cost will appear on my bill. On December 6th I "bought" a Next LG G3 (fantastic phone, BTW) and theoretically upgraded the line from a dumbphone to a smartphone (that is, the cost SHOULD have gone from $20 to $25 with the Next smartphone discount). Right up front my credit card was billed directly for the sales tax as expected.

The upcoming bill (due early January) does NOT reflect the purchase in any way - the multi-line plan still reflects the same set of dumbphones (no smartphone on one of the lines being acknowledged); no Next pricing at all is included. Indeed, the upcoming bill is the same as the last N month's worth.

Did I just hit the EXACT timing to delay paying the extra $30-ish/month that I was expecting til early =February= or did something go wrong internal to ATT during this transaction?

[I understand this may be a little too specific for a community question however it's possible others have run into billing strangeness similar to this]

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

you may have hit your billing cut off date.  so it would show up on the next bill.  I had that happen with one next phone we got the wife.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.