Posted Jan 26, 2014
AT&T Customer Service Rep Lied about my data plan

I would like to file a complaint. I upgraded my iPhone 4S to an iPhone 5S on Dec 28th at a Best Buy store. While I was there, I had to sign a new contract. The salesperson there asked if I wanted to keep my existing plan (450 Nation rollover with Grandfathered Unlimited Data and 1500text). I said yes, I wish to keep my plan, she advised OK and I signed the contract.  A day and a half later when I left my home, I realized my phone wasn't getting data.

That day, Dec 30, I called AT&T immediately.  I troubleshooted with the rep on the phone and finally she discovered that the people at Best Buy had REMOVED my Unlimited Data completely. (!!!!) She told me she would have to open case for me. She placed me on hold for about 10 minutes while she worked on this "case" to see if they could REINSTATE my plan. 

She came back on the line, and gave me the good news that she was able to reinstate my plan. Everything was supposedly back to how it was.

A month later, I am paying my bill and I notice my statement says I have 3GB data. I went online chat with a nice rep named Archie, who determined that the rep I spoke to on Dec 30th changed my UNLIMITED DATA plan to 3GB!!!

I couldn't be more disappointed and upset with AT&T. I have had AT&T for many years and I cannot believe this dishonestly here and the trouble I have had to deal with just because I upgraded my iPhone.

Archie gave me a case #.  Can anyone help me?  At the very least I want to know how the rep on Dec 30th flat out lied to me and how AT&T can fix this.

Many thanks

AT&T Customer Service Rep Lied about my data plan

9 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 26, 2014
(0)

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

AT&T customer care can also be found online through these channels.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: AT&T Customer Service Rep Lied about my data plan

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 27, 2014
(0)
Ok thanks!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 27, 2014
(0)

Hi rrivera0

I would send a PM to ATTDmitriyCM, he can usually get your issues resolved pretty quickly.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 27, 2014
(0)

Hello @rrivera0 

We received your messages and one of our managers will be contacting you as soon as possible to help.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Community Manager

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 27, 2014
(0)
Thanks Dmitriy!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 28, 2014
(0)

I am pretty sure that your concern will be escalated to the management. They will open a case for your concern to bring back your old data plan you may also wanna try the AT&T Mobile Share Value plan with unlmited talk and text. With this plan you can even call land line numbers unlimited that you can not do on your Nation 450 Talk plan. With AT&T Mobile Share Value you pay a monthly plan charge plus a monthly charge per device. The charge for a Smartphone with a two year service agreement is $40/mo and a smartphone with a no annual service contract option for customers on AT&T Next, out-of-contract, pay full-retail phone price, or bring their own device is $25/mo. ($15/mo. savings!)—unlimited talk and text for phones and the ability to share data with up to 10 devices. Mobile hotspot is also included for capable devices.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 30, 2014
(0)

rrivera, I share your pain. That was down right dirty what at&t did.😒 What about all these other carriers that offers you unlimited everything. [Please keep it courteous]Something's gotta give, or soon ppl will be dropping at&t's service plan like a bad habit!!! (BAD BUSINESS)

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 31, 2014
(0)

Hello, hvac-r!

Thanks for posting. Was there anything in particular we could help you with? We have quite a few resourceful community members who would be happy to help.

If the issue is account-specific, simply click here to send us a private message. In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 11, 2014
(0)

The same thing happened to me when they first did away with the unlimited plan.  They told me there was an error on the account, that I was unaware of and it could not be fixed.  That was many years ago, but the same thing.  I upgraded my phone and was told i would be grandfathered in and it was gone.  This happened right at an AT&T store.  I hope your issue is resolved.  With all of these crazy plans and pricing out there, you just get so confused at what you are really getting.  I am realy starting to like the cut and dry ulimeted everything plans.  You dont have to worry about over texting, over talking, or over data.  I currenly have the 200mb plan, just because you have to have it....and i am basically throwing money out the door.  It should roll over like the minutes.  I use like a few mb's here and there...they would probably owe me a TB by now (God Forbid I go over my 200mb...they will slap me with a fee for sure!)  Same with minutes.  I have 5,500 minutes that i will never use.  such a waste.  Really looking into that T-mobile deal. I think I would be in shock the first time I use the data without turnging on my wi-fi and looking for a hotspot!  It really isnt totally about the main price, its about knowing my bill wont go from a $100 to $500 because my apps updated OTA.  Good luck with your issue.  I hope it gets resolved.  Back then, they didnt give me the time of day. Cliff