JerryThornhilll's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 25th, 2014 5:57 PM

AT&T Adds Charges Retroactively and Then Calls Your Account "Past Due"

AT&T is worse than Big Brother when it comes to rewriting history.

I got my June AT&T bill and paid in in full.

AT&Tthen added a $0.26 "adjustment", apparently retroactive, and called the account "past due"

It's another case of computers gone crazy--most charge account systems wouldn't bother sending out a statement for less than a dollar.  Or at least if an adjustment was made after a billing date it would go into the next billing period.

AT&T apparently thinks nothing of ruining someone's credit rating for 26 cents!

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @JerryThornhilll 

I apologize for any confusion, there might have been an increase on one of the local or government fees. I've noticed a $.19 increase on my wireless bill too, however I've already paid my bill through my bank with the same amount I've used for the previous few months, I had to log in and pay the difference. Our team can help you find out what changed or see if there are any issues, you can send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Please don't worry about your credit, AT&T doesn't report any payment history to credit bureaus. The only time when your credit file might be affected is when the account is canceled and sent to collections, which can take few months.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.