Need help understanding your bill?
Ta2r0b's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Monday, December 22nd, 2014 1:02 PM

$170 a month for 2 Phones sharing 3gb's?

How is this a good deal? What's going on here? The 2 phones cost about $25 each until payed off ($50). So $120 to share 3gb's is AT&T's way of saying thanks for the 15 years of service? $60 a person for 1.5 gb's? How is that even comparable to any other carrier? What a great deal AT&T! Thank you so much! 

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

None of the other providers are subsidizing phone costs, so one way or another you will pay for the phones. As for the access fee for the phones and data costs. AT&T is comparable to Verizon. T-Mobile and Sprint at this time are cheaper but you get what you pay for. There coverage area is not as broad as AT&T and Verizon.

If T-Mobile and Sprint are strong in the areas where you spend all of your time, they may be a better option.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

You get what you pay for? Are you kidding me! 1.5 gb's for 60 dollars!!! You are so wrong it's laughable. Just got off the phone with AT&T CSR (as you were typing this) and was told that it wasn't billed right (doesn't mean it will be resolved). As to "None of the other providers are subsidizing phone costs" well tell that to T-Mo they invented it, AT&T copied it. Plus read what I said. I was not complaning about phone costs.I was stating the truth I was over charged for a crappy plan that a store rep sold me and it was confirmed. Plus your info about coverage is out dated T-Mo is buying up tower space by the Billions and they just started roll over DATA! so yeah your'e right I am better off cutting ties...

Guru

• 

901 Messages

9 years ago

You can get 10GB for 2 phones for $130 as long as you don't sign up for a 2 yr contract.  For 2 line on the 3 GB is only $90 (not including the cost of the phone).  The only one that would cost you $120/month is the 6GB plan.  I would say look online and see what plan you are actually on.  Might also be on an older plan.  You can change it, and get the 3GB plan and save yourself $30/month or pay $10/month more and get 7GB more.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

you show me where tmobile is buying tower space.  they dont have the free cash flow to spend billions of spectrum or towers.  Look at the midwest.  If your not in a big city welcome to edge service.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

you show me where tmobile is buying tower space.  they dont have the free cash flow to spend billions of spectrum or towers.  Look at the midwest.  If your not in a big city welcome to edge service.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2473789,00.asp http://www.tmonews.com/2014/01/t-mobile-announces-2-37-billion-purchase-of-verizons-a-block-spectrum/

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

Lol! Did you read the full articles? Now that's a coverage map!! ( extreme sarcasm ).

I have always been fond of math.
$50 Next payments for 2 phones
$70 for 6 GB of data pool (yes, somebody billed something wrong)
$50 for 2 phone lines...
That is $170 plus taxes and fees.

For $10 more a month you could share $10 GB of data.

I'm sure they will correct and make good on the data plan mixup.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

Look at IL and tell me if tmobile has more than edge in most places...

And yeah Liz that is a ton of money for that spectrum.  Now it did give them a huge area in CA which is where most of those people in that 150 million are.  

Also spectrum does not equal towers or tower upgrades.  You said towers and I know there not building many of those I checked the FCC website.  

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

Yes of course I read them and about 5 more like it. Did you read the original post? It's 3gb shared for $120. (No sarcasm needed) plus the $50 for phones (not disputed) I was ask to show where T-Mobile was buying tower space.the 1st one is from last week the 2nd one is from 11 months ago. the point of both articles is that they are moving up. Not about coverage maps, because quite frankly only Verizon can brag in that department. I was told you get what you pay forfor. Like AT&T is so far superior and my reply is shenanigans.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

I said Tower Space...

Guru

• 

901 Messages

9 years ago

I do not know why you are paying $120/month for 2 lines and 3 GB of data.  The price right now with AT&T is $120/month for 2 lines and 6 GB of data and $90/month for 2 lines and 3 GB of data (not on a 2 year contract).   You just need to call them up and tell them that you want the 6GB at $70 or the 3GB at $40.  Unless you want more data you can get the 10GB for $100, which in the end will only be $10/month more since you will only have to pay $15/phone/month.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.