Avandalay2013's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 19th, 2013 4:27 PM

live tv on ipad

Does anyone know if watching live tv on the ipad uses up one of the four live tv streams on the home tv? Thanks in advance.

Guru

• 

675 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks aviewer.

Guru

• 

417 Messages

10 years ago

Any idea why I can't watch any HD channels on the iPad using this new feature.  It says I need to be on my home network which, of course, I am.

Thanks!

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@aviewer wrote:
marcindublin - Latest news from Becky - Looks like some channels allow only home network others allow any network. Of course, everyone wants download to watch anywhere.

Copy/paste from a post by Beckyww -

Just crossed my desk:

All About... Live TV From Your Device
What is it? U-verse TV subscribers will now be able to use the U-verse app or Uverse.com to tune into live TV programming. Please note: The type of access varies by network. Some networks have provided rights only within the home (member must be connected to residential gateway). Other networks are providing access both in and out of the home.

What networks are participating? We will launch with live access to approximately 108 channels. Of those, 25 will be available outside of the home. Sample channels that are participating:
Travel Channel
HGTV
Food Network
Showtime
Starz
Content is based on the subscription package. If the customer’s package does not include a particular channel, they will not be able to access it on the U-verse mobile app or through Uverse.com
Programming watched inside the home doesn’t count against the Customer’s number of streams

How does the customer access it? By signing in to uverse.com or the U-verse app. Access is authenticated by the customer’s log-in and password. This is no change from the current experience today for Live on Uverse.com or On Demand across platforms.
When does this launch?
U-verse App: Existing subscribers will need to update their app to the latest software release to receive these changes. New subscribers will receive the live TV feature with initial app download.
Uverse.com: Upon visiting the LIVE TV page (Uverse.com/Live) users will be encouraged to Sign-In and are then presented with the option to install a browser plugin that will help to identify the subscriber’s connection location.

Cool, cool, cool!  Awesome!  thanks Master, lol!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

dhascall - thought you might like that.

Gives me an opportunity to say that channels themselves are opening up with more live and on-demand programs.

BeeBeeSa pointed out yesterday the ability to watch baseball playoffs live on TBS.com.

I just watched last wednesday's episode of modern family on abc.com on my computer browser.I must add that this is the first time I wanted to catch up on a show, find it on the web and watch it. Things are looking up.

Does the Android support video on browser? The IOS is hampered by the lack of Adobe Flash. Although, I have seen posts offering alternatives.

If no browser access search for apps direct to other sources of programming. While access to U-verse sources are appreciated, they are not alone. It is opening up across the board. The options are many.

Guru

• 

417 Messages

10 years ago

But I am connected to my home network and it still says I need to be connected to my home network. Something's broken....  (only on the HD channels, SD channels, even premium ones, work fine).

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

marcindublin - Just tried it. Really slow load. Flashed an error - NO channels avail while it was loading - but played modern family on USA chan 1124.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

Still getting the same 13 live channels on uverse.com/live. Even connected to 2wire. Don't see any type of pop up screen stating anything about in home veiwing

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

executivemike - Yes, the uverse.com site appears to not be upgraded as "scheduled" 10/4. Hoping for Monday

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@aviewer wrote:

dhascall - thought you might like that.

Gives me an opportunity to say that channels themselves are opening up with more live and on-demand programs.

BeeBeeSa pointed out yesterday the ability to watch baseball playoffs live on TBS.com.

I just watched last wednesday's episode of modern family on abc.com on my computer browser.I must add that this is the first time I wanted to catch up on a show, find it on the web and watch it. Things are looking up.

Does the Android support video on browser? The IOS is hampered by the lack of Adobe Flash. Although, I have seen posts offering alternatives.

If no browser access search for apps direct to other sources of programming. While access to U-verse sources are appreciated, they are not alone. It is opening up across the board. The options are many.

The stock, default browser, no but there are at least a couple that do.  Skyfire browser does, that I know of.  However, I doubt that it would matter.  What I think will happen is that you would use the Browser to get to the channel and when you clicked to watch it you would get a decision prompt, asking which program to use for that option: Browser, MX Player, Movies, and so on.  The app might even automate the process.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Yes, I would expect the app to work with videos. I was asking from a browser viewpoint. I have/had a thing about why apps are needed when it already works with a browser. Based on the adobe flash thing with IOS, I am thinking that the apps are much more efficient than browser to "fit" efficiently on the smaller phone/tablet platform.

So, thanks for adding browser possibilities.

Two updates -

The uverse.com appears to not have been implemented on 10/4.

The iphone version is ahead of schedule - It came up in my update list, already. But, it still blocks viewing on an ipad. I can see that this is technically correct, but moot from a contractual viewpoint because the service is now allowed on an ipad. It would not matter if the rest of the activities within the app were identical. But, they are not. They cover a wide range of activities that are implemented differently. So, if I like the remote on the iphone better than the ipad version. Which I do. I have to use two apps instead of one. How about simple apps that do one task and are not complicated. LIke easy remote is a complicated mess combining all these same features.

I guess my answer is to stick with Buddy TV for the remote.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.