Posted Jan 2, 2013
5:02:04 AM
U-Verse APP on Windows Phone 8

They want 9.00 dollars a month to use the U-Verse app on Windows Phone 8.

Who do we talk to about this and what is the phone number I pay for the U450 package  another ten bucks enough is enough

U-Verse APP on Windows Phone 8

10 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 2, 2013 5:38:03 AM
(0)
Professor
That was a Microsoft decision. Has nothing to do with the package or level of service you have.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: U-Verse APP on Windows Phone 8

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 2, 2013 9:03:26 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

It's a different type of app. You can't use it to manage your DVR or schedule recordings. In fact, if you look at it now, it's no longer called U-verse Live TV but AT&T Mobile TV.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 2, 2013 2:09:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

From the link below:

The difference between live TV from AT&T U-verse and the U-verse mobile app

The U-verse mobile app will allow you to manage your DVR remotely and download* and watch TV shows on your mobile device. You cannot stream live TV with the U-verse mobile app. Live TV from AT&T U-verse allows you to watch live TV and stream shows on-demand; however, it does not offer a DVR management tool.

Important Note

*Download and watch capability is available for select devices and select content, and requires a Wi-Fi connection.

To find out more, refer to live TV from AT&T U-verse.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB117488#fbid=btAbpJa1c50

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 2, 2013 7:57:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

Why in the world would Microsoft care if you can control a dvr from a phone?  This is obviously AT&T not caring about windows phone. it seems that AT&T is really just a Fandroid in denial

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 25, 2013 5:47:01 AM
(0)
Contributor
Going to a flip phone as SOON as contract is over - Walmart is the best deal!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 25, 2013 5:48:37 AM
(0)
Contributor
I am disappointed beyond words....my wife and I both upgraded to Nokia phones - hers the 1020 and I took the 920. NO APPS!!!! ESPECIALLY the DVR ap!!!! What is up with that?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 25, 2013 5:49:21 AM
(0)
Contributor

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 27, 2013 4:51:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

1. So you're going to Walmart to get a flip phone as soon as your contract is over?

2. If you're less than 14 days into having a new phone you can return it.Since you mentioned the 1020 I know you haven;t had the phone for that long. Go return it now before the 2 week period is over.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 29, 2013 8:50:24 PM
(0)
Contributor

Rather than change phones, I would rather switch to DirecTV which has a plethora of Win8 Phone apps to manage everything from your dvr to using your phone as the remote control in your living room.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013 12:29:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I would mention that you can probably use the Uverse.com web site to control your DVR from your Windows 8 phone.  No, not as good as a native App, but the only mobile platform that AT&T seems really invested in is iOS.