anitapat's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, February 14th, 2013 3:51 PM

Interactive feature for on-demand

The new interactive feature for on-demand recordings is so much slower and provides less information than the old listings. I tried to contact U-verse TV, but they make is near impossible to make comments. Is anyone out the from AT&T U-verse listening? This new feature is not as useful or user friendly.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Is there a way to turn this off and go back to the old version?   I always laughed at how bad the FIOS on demand interface was when I went to visit my Dad, and now Uverse is just as bad.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Ditto here. I don't use On-Demand very much but, I will certainly use it less now. I hope they don't put the same disgusting, and disgustingly slow, interface on Recorded TV. If they do, I'll be off uVerse TV within a week.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Solved?  Not for me it isn't. I find it very irritating that AT&T would change the menu system to something more cumbersome and time consuming. Changing it to the list view does not solve the delays. The delays are excessive. CHANGE IT BACK and fix the issues offline before introducing to your customer community.  This is a serious problem for me as I don't have the patience to sit there waiting for screens to appear.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

I got the new GUI on Thursday.  It's not nearly as bad as everyone says it is.  It does remind me of Netflix which gets used quite a bit around our house.

The biggest issue for me is the slowness of the Search function and the "More showtimes" feature either not working or inconsistent.  That part blows.

Guru

• 

1K Messages

11 years ago

Speaking as someone who used a slide rule in college, the extra few seconds to find and choose a movie don't bother me so much.  But I am in complete agreement with DH that the "Search" and "More Showtimes" functions are more cumbersome and irritating.  The corollary to "don't fix it if it ain't broke" is "fix it until it's broke."  Smiley Frustrated

docbombay

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

11 years ago

Finally got this in Madison WI . . . was dreading it based on all the negative posts, but if you switch to list view, it's really not bad at all. In fact, it makes it more TiVo-ish, which is a good thing.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

@jcaparula wrote:

Finally got this in Madison WI . . . was dreading it based on all the negative posts, but if you switch to list view, it's really not bad at all. In fact, it makes it more TiVo-ish, which is a good thing.

I will have to try switching the view, because the current incarnation is way too slow for me.  I liked the old OD setup.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am in the Detroit area and we just converted to the new On-Demand format.  I hate it!  It is painfully slow and has less offerings. For example; Lifetime has all of 4 shows listed as being available now. Whenver friends as me my opinion of ATT Uverse, I have sung the praises of this option - no more. I have been debating on switching over to Brighthouse for some time - tomorrow I begin shopping.

Also, I tried to find some option to share my opion with the company - some type of customer feedback option.  If it exists, it is too hard to find.  Obviously they don't care.

Guru

• 

417 Messages

11 years ago

Having now played with the new On-Demand UI, I'm at a loss to answer the simple question:

Why?

The new UI  is slower than the old one and doesn't appear to offer new functionality. Poster  mode is unusable because it is slow, and I can't read the tiny little poster  icons anyway. The old UI was perfectly functional.

If AT*T wanted to improve the on-demand offerings, they need to improve the content offerings which are anemic and always have been.

It's a little frustrating because there are usability issues up and down the UI. A look at these boards over the years would have provided suggestions for meaningful changes.  Closed Captions, additional options for series recordings and easier ways to hide channels and define favorites come to mind. To spend development dollars fixing something that arguably was working just fine seems silly to me.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@marcindublin wrote:

Having now played with the new On-Demand UI, I'm at a loss to answer the simple question:

Why?

The new UI  is slower than the old one and doesn't appear to offer new functionality. Poster  mode is unusable because it is slow, and I can't read the tiny little poster  icons anyway. The old UI was perfectly functional.

If AT*T wanted to improve the on-demand offerings, they need to improve the content offerings which are anemic and always have been.

It's a little frustrating because there are usability issues up and down the UI. A look at these boards over the years would have provided suggestions for meaningful changes.  Closed Captions, additional options for series recordings and easier ways to hide channels and define favorites come to mind. To spend development dollars fixing something that arguably was working just fine seems silly to me.

I agree that "why?" is the perfect question for AT&T.  I do think that it may be a combination of things, such as wanting to make it look like Netflix or a Video Store and maybe Comcast Envy and somebody wanted some job security, so they said, "let's have OUR team, re-invent the wheel."  Some big companies want and utilize customers buy in and some don't.  AT&T, IMO did not.  Some companies test things out before implementing and some don't.  Again, IMO AT&T did not.

Now, my daighter, who is new to U-Verse likes the new layout and since she has never used the old search feature, has nothing to level set it's slowness (to us) against.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.