(6) Me too
(6) Me too
Replies
(95)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 30, 2014
(0)

I have the service and if you have other options take them. ATT needs to stay with phones. I have had problems with my system (I have their tier system) for the past 6 weeks and ATT is blaming everyone but them selves. They have no idea how to fix my problem.

Re: AT&T Digital Life

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 4, 2014
(0)

Yes the primary communication is cellular. I don't know why someone would say its an accurate statement. Primary is cellular and internet is backup.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 4, 2014
(0)

Although cameras do run over the internet. Now the slow upload or not, it could boil down to your router and your upload speed on your end. There will always be delay as it is done over the internet. I don't work on these forums but I do have people that can probably get more information on this chirp issue and if I have update I will update this thread. I won't post if it sounds like iffy info though but if my buddies can get me some concrete info I will sure update it. If its a know issue I am sure they are working to resolve it, after all this is a security system if it doesn't pass testing they won't release it. I will also find out about the new keypad. I am looking to get the system too and was looking for some feedback on it.

Although low chirp issue is not a big deal as I was planning on doing all kinds of notifications when the front and back door and any other entry point is opened to the house.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 10, 2014
(0)

Yes I just had it installed and I love it!  2 Techs about 5 hours.  Tech 1 was the master installer, Tech 2 was the "tech/IT" guy.  They both had about 10 years expereince but less than a year with ATT DL.  The install of the sensors, garage controller, keypad, motion etc and DCL was bout 2 hours and about 2 hours to program it.  They took only a couple of 5 minute breaks.  Super professional and knew exactly what to do.  The DL works exactly as it is marketed and exactly how I thought it would work!  Super happy

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 20, 2014
(0)

The reason for the long install and number of people is that it required licensed electicians to install the electronic automation portion of the service.  Same for any package that requires specialized, licensed people on site.  The text messages confirm when each component is connected as the whole thing is primarily wireless.  Your previous system could be disabled by cutting outside cables where the current one cannot.  Try this: the first wireless command like moving your camera has a noticable delay.  Try a second action after that and time it.  Subsequent actions are much faster.  The first request is like hitting "dial' on a mobile phone- those first few rings, sometimes 3 of them, arent actually happening but are there to let you know the connection is in progress. Your new system works over 3G primarily, and your initial connection takes longer than subsequent ones.  Whats odd is I found your post looking for help turning the volume of the beeping on the keypad down.  I have a light sleeper in the house and the beeping can be heard all over a fairly sprawling ranch style home.  I hope sincce your post things have settled in and you like it as much as I do, and I hope this input helps.  Any automation takes time and people to install, the first connection will take a few seconds, subseqent ones are faster, and you are safer now that your system will work normal for about a day even if your phone and power are cut.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 20, 2014
(0)

That is accurate.  The primary connection is cellular and uses your required broadband only as a backup.  This is safer than something that requires hardwire power and connection as those can be cut by a determined theif.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 20, 2014
(0)

There is now an automated garage door opener available with the door package which you have.  Is the email you receive promotional items the same as the one used to register your service?  You should unsubscribe at the bottom of the email (I did) and also try a service like "daily rollup" which I couldnt live without.  It puts all of those kinds of emails into a "digest" daily and also includes a one-click unsubscribe feature for any of the items in your daily rollup. Note, I am an AT&T employee and I am posting as an individual and not on behalf of AT&T. My views may not represent those of AT&T. The daily rollup is something I came across online about a year ago and I refer it to people regularly.  Just do a google search for "daily rollup" and try it out.  I think you can add the automated door opener at any time and it might even be a self install option, but is worth a call.  Ive been looking around here trying to find if anyone has been able to reduce the volume of the beeping on the keypad.  Unliike some others, it is too loud for my household.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 20, 2014
(0)

The keypad chirp in my household is too loud.  Ive been reading looking for a way to turn it down not up.  Some of the older posts referred to it being too quiet which I can say as of 5/14 it is not quiet. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 20, 2014
(0)

Forgot two things: the initial connection to the camera from the app has a longer delay than subsequent ones.  The primary connection is cellular so it takes a moment.  After that first connection is made other ones execute more quickly.  If you find a way to turn down the chirp can you please reply?  I keep reading but I am not seeing that anywhere. Note, I am an AT&T employee and I am participating in this community as a consumer, not an employee, and my views are my own and may not reflect those of AT&T. In other words, Im looking for answers and sharing experiences as myself just like the rest of you. If you find a way to turn down the beeping please let me know! Thanks!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 20, 2014
(0)

The garage controller is simple to install and I love it!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 26, 2014
(0)

I'm thinking of ordering the garage controller....are there any installation instructions online or do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 26, 2014
(0)
It goes between the push button and garage motor. Super easy and I love mine. Open and close from the app makes it great.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 27, 2014
(0)
Hey Rans does sound easy and I'm fairly handy. Going to order one. Thanks for your quick response as sometimes people forget to come back after their initial visit. I'm loving my Dlife.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 27, 2014
(0)

I had spoken with Cox, ADT and Home Depot (Do it yourselfer) and by far DL had the best pricing and best service options.  I paid less ordering the equipment from DL than I would if I purchased direct through Home Depot etc.  I got free pro install so even better.  Just 2 yrs on the contract makes it a no brainer!  Their customer service is exceptional.  I had a few issues and immediatly fixed it.  

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 29, 2014
(0)

I'm getting DL installed in my new home.

I have an outside camera in the package and I notice it had wireless antena and an ethernet port. Can this be hard wired? If so, where does it hard wire to? The RG? Or the DL "brain"?

Second question. Are the cameras "view only"? Or do they have a record feature?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 29, 2014
(0)

The only camera that is not hard wired is the Indoor Multi-View camera.  Others are to be mounted and hard wired.  The Multi-view can go anywhere.  I have all the equipment except for the camera's.  I do not suggest adding camera, rather add a stand alone wi-fi camera that can record anytime/all the time and has good cloud storage.  These cameras really only record when needed (Buglary, door open) and then they will stop recoding after 2 minutes.  

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 5, 2014
(0)

None of the cameras require a hardwired network connection. I have two outdoor cameras and one indoor multi-view camera and all of them connect to the DL system wirelessly.  They do have an Ethernet port which is typically used by the installer for the initial configuration and connection to the DL system but they are designed to work wirelessly.  

There are definitely some limitations with the cameras however having them integrated with the DL system does offer some advantages over stand-alone WiFi cameras.  For example, you can create programs that trigger other system actions based on the camera activity, such as turning on lights and recording video when motion is detected.  

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 5, 2014
(0)

I signed up for this about two weeks ago and it has been a nightmare ever since.  At first, I thought I was going to be thrilled with the service! and then I started having issues, a lot of the same things everyone else is saying.  low chirp volume, delayed camera response, low signal strength (no image) on cameras.  So I talked with online chat support to get some assistance, and was APPALED at their level of customer care from two different individuals.  I called to report them and the supervisor didn't seem to care that I was treated so poorly. I finally begged and pleaded enough for them to send a tech out to my house who messed with a few cords (was supposed to show up between 4 and 7, showed up at 8pm), but didn't seem to make a difference.  I then called because I wanted to enhance some of my features, such as record a video or take a snapshot if motion is detected on my cameras.  The lady told me "oh yeah no problem, I'll set that up for you". I logged in to my settings only to find out she didn't set it up even remotely close to how we had discussed.  This same lady also told me she could adjust the volume of the "chrip", only to find out from another rep that is NOT possible. So she straight up lied to me.  I've talked to customer care at least 10 times at this point in the short 2 weeks that I have had the system and they are not helpful.  They either tell you they will help but can't, tell you they fixed it but didn't, or get rude and nasty.  Not to mention, the key pad is the old school style... surely they could come up with a touchscreen device??!! ATT digital life has a lot of potential, but they are way too new to have all the kinks worked out.  They also need to drastically improve their level of customer support, that alone is a deal breaker for me.  All in all, I do not feel safe with my security system.  If it wasn't for the entire day I had to take off work (installation took 12 hours!!!!) and the huge holes in my walls, I would have already told them to take the system out and go with another provider.  At this point, I'm so tired of dealing with them, I might just switch and look at the holes anyway! 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 5, 2014
(0)
You can have the "Siren" act as a speaker for the "Chirp". (Call CS and
ask them to turn that feature on) I have a 2 story 2200 sqft house and I
can hear the chirp but I have a lot of tile so it might echo further. Yes
the keypad is not touchscreen, but I never use it. I always use the apps
or the remote. They are testing a touch screen, maybe a speak keypad but
that is the future.
Delayed Camera will be with anyone who uses "cell" as the 1st line of
service. 3G is just not that fast to carry the video data. You can go
with a company that uses "internet" as their 1st line of communication, but
then you rely on your ISP to always be working effectively.
Just my 2 cents

Re: AT

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 6, 2014
(0)

Hate to tell you this but your nightmare has just started.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 6, 2014
(0)
I love my service!!!!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 6, 2014
(0)

Glad to hear you love your service!!!!! I loved mine for the first four months and then it started. I bought the full blown package. Now camera's don't work at all. Have had ATT's techs out at least 20 times working on them and still nothing. I get text telling me someone went into my lodge 24 hrs later. ATT has now been deleting my service calls. System is in the process of be pulled out. Maybe I am a isloated customer. Just strange that just one day everything stopped and they have no answer for it.  

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 8, 2014
(0)

Took advantage of the free installation and equipment deal and added a few things.  Installed and activated 2 weeks ago.  Absolutley problem free.  The installation guy was polite, knowledgeable and quick.  Everything working as expected.  Really like the iphone App.  Helps me in the "did I or didn't I turn the alarm on" quandry.  Key FOB helps me to wait until I leave and not have to worry about playing "chicken" with a 60 second timer.  

Had ADT for 16 years previously.  This is as good as or better.  Front door autormation is great.  I don't have to give numerous keys out to my children, the cleaning people etc.  I see a lot of people worry about the chirp volume.  It isn't very loud, but it is not a big issue for me.  

So far, so good.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 11, 2014
(0)

I realize that the OP was over a year ago, but it looks like this post lives on. My story.... We just had this system installed. It took one tech 14 hours the first day and he did not finish. ATT put us on the list to come back out 3 days later (confirmed by us the day before they were to come out). Then the day of, when no one showed up, we called and were notified that we were never on the list or we were taken off - couldn't quite get a straight answer. Told us it would be three more weeks until they could get us on the schedule. After talking to the supervisor, we were put on the list for that evening. Three techs came out and spent more than 5 hours here and got all but "one last thing" done that they couldn't do. Three days later and after being forgotten again, another tech came out to fix what they couldn't the last time. He was out for about 2.5 hours.

The install was a complete debacle. And as always, dealing with ATT if something goes wrong is just a beating! I get to deal with them on data and phone circuits, enterprise wireless, and other services. They are just such a behemoth and have so much bureaucracy that they are painful to deal with.

That said, after the install was FINALLY over, the system works well and the price is very competitive. Cameras are very slow to pull up, it's slow to arm or disarm, but I can deal with those problems as long as it keeps working well. Have had no issues in the two weeks it has been in place now.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 12, 2014
(0)

We installed the system yesterday after using a few different security companies over the last 20 years.  I HATE it.  The fact that you cannot disable the chirp when setting AWAY or STAY is a problem for us.  I am glad to read about the 30 day guarantee and need to confirm that's valid for us so I can shop other providers and switch.  AT&T is unwilling to work on a solution for this issue.  I know many people want a higher volume chirp.  I want the option to disable the chirp, so when my husband leaves for work it doesn't wake me. 

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 13, 2014
(0)

Further update, today the system is not working at all.  Service is at my home now.  Still now resolution on the chirping.  We may end up disconnecting and going to another provider.  What a waste of time.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 14, 2014
(0)

5 Month Update

System has been working fine and recently self added the garage door controller to open and close the garage door remotely.  As I already had the front door lock package, there is no additional extra monthly fee.

Suggested improvements:  

1.Make the chrip adjustable so all "too quiet" and "too loud" issues are resolved.

2.Lower camera prices -- but that's just me.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 19, 2014
(0)

I recently had the AT&T Digital Life system installed. Everytime a door is opened a loud beep sounds and when the door closes another beep sounds (beeps come through the siren). I have kids and so doors are constantly opening and closing all day. The beeps are driving my wife and I crazy. Is there anyway to turn the door beep off or at least quieter? Even better would be an option to have it not beep during the day but beep at night.

Re: AT&T Digital Life - Door Beep Too Loud

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 19, 2014
(0)

I contacted AT&T Digital Life through the online chat method and they were able to turn off the door chime. Yeah!

Kudos to Digital Life support for solving the immediate problem.

(Ideally, this should be an option through the Digital Life application. Even better would be an option to have it off during certain times of the day and on at night.)

Re: AT&T Digital Life - Door Beep Too Loud

(1)
  • Rate this reply
3 weeks ago
(1)

Primary communication channel is cellular and the backup  channel in broadband.