For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
StevenBD's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 10th, 2014 3:27 AM

iPhone 6 Subsidy & Unlimited Data

I have an iPhone 5 with unlimited data plan on AT&T. It's eligible for an upgrade with 2 year contract.  Can i pre-order the iPhone 6 on Friday subsidized with 2 year contract and keep my unlimited data?

Thank you,

Steven

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have an iPhone 4 and AT&T says my unlimited data plan is not compatable with the iPhone 6. Is this true or are they just trying to migrate me to a plan with the $40 monthly access fee? Also my text message plan is not showing up when I try to order. Is there a workaround for that aswell?

Thanks

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

When ordering online don't let the system do the express checkout. Sounds like you have the grandfather plans for data and texting. The express checkout will kick these off. Click though the phones and not through the upgrade link. . Also when I placed our order online I was on the phone with a customer service rep. I am in the process getting my data plan back on. We had to re add after the order process and the thought it was all good but the system still kicked it off. They gave me a temp data and texting plan until it gets added back. Main thing is to call a lot and have documentation that you will get to keep your data plan. Also reach out to the community support team through private message.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Just thought I would update my status of keeping my unlimited data plan.  All is well in unlimited data plan land, and in a large part this was due to the ATTCustmercare team here.  With all the hard work saving about 50 a month compared to new plan rates.  The only thing I don't get is the hotspot. Not worth the 50 a month to switch plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I''m trying to buy an iPhone 6 Plus from Costco, and I want to keep my Unlimited data plan. However, they only had two options available: DataPro Plan 3GB for 4G LTE and DataPro Plan 5GB for 4G LTE. There was no option to choose the unlimited plan. What can I do to ensure that I keep my unlimited plan?

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

will you be able to activate your  AT&T unlimited data when purchasing iphone6 at Apple store? seems like Apple is more detailed on their check out compared to AT&T with no option to choose existing plan.

thanks!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

9 years ago

This thread explains why so many have lost their unlimited data plans.
AT&T offers apple iPhone users a subsidy and grandfathers their unlimited data plans? But doesn't tell how?

Might it confuse customers buying other phones? Yes.
Heck, the hush, hush over this option is confusing to those who know it exists.

I can understand why. The iPhone is a data hog and the only phone that disconnects from wifi when asleep and not plugged in to power.

All I can say is I love my Note 3, I pay less per month, have no throttle on data and a hot spot. (Trying to feel slighted, but I just don't. )

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

9 years ago

Med9256
The gist of the thread is, do not activate until you speak to the right person at AT&T. 9 out of 10 customer service reps may tell you you can't keep your plan. Just keep asking or message Dimitry.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Same here, SO frustrating,  Probably looking for a new carrier myself.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I'm grandfathered into unlimited data/messages. I'm eligible for upgrade. I've gone from every gen iPhone up to the iPhone 5 (which is LTE) and have had the same issues everytime. I've even had a Samsung before getting the 3. I'm eligible for Next upgrade, my contract isn't even up. When I try to purchase the Note4 I'm not given the option to keep my plan. It wants me to select a new data plan. I'm trying to avoid going to the store until it's time to pick up the phone & trade my current yet once again here's the error message.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I need help getting my unlimited data back. I've been a ATT customer for at least 12 years or more and when I upgraded to the iphone 6 they said I had no choice but to lose my unlimited data and he told me that I only use a couple of gigs a month so nothing to worry about .  Unfortunatly for the last couple of months I've gone over my 3gb limit and I can see why beacuse Im doing the same stuff. Help me get the unlimited back please.

Jeff

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.