Posted May 9, 2014
3:13:52 PM
iPhone 6 Now Rumored for August Launch

Apple is set to launch the iPhone 6 in August, a month earlier than expected, according to a news report.  A 4.7-inch screen version of the iPhone 6 will reach stores in August, with a 5.5-inch or 5.6-inch model released in September.

Since the iPhone 5 was released on September 21, 2012, this would present an interesting dilemma to those who are on a two-year upgrade cycle. 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/09/us-apple-iphone-idUSBREA4808C20140509

40 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(40)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 20, 2014 9:05:58 AM
(0)
Master

Richmond Dan wrote:

Just got a tip from a friend at Apple:  iPhone 6 will have emergency fold-out aluminum foil hat...

NO WAY!  That seals the deal, I don't care if I have to pay full price, that alumium foil hat to keep everyone out of my head is so worth it!!!!!!!:smileysurprised:

Sorry could not resist this one but I am sure this awsome feature will foil Samsung:smileytongue:

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: iPhone 6 Now Rumored for August Launch

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 20, 2014 6:58:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

youngjm wrote:

Richmond Dan wrote:

Just got a tip from a friend at Apple:  iPhone 6 will have emergency fold-out aluminum foil hat...

NO WAY!  That seals the deal, I don't care if I have to pay full price, that alumium foil hat to keep everyone out of my head is so worth it!!!!!!!:smileysurprised:

Sorry could not resist this one but I am sure this awsome feature will foil Samsung:smileytongue:

Samsung will offer the same hat in extra large with embossed logos.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 21, 2014 8:38:46 AM
(0)
Master

oz_1 wrote:

youngjm wrote:

Richmond Dan wrote:

Samsung will offer the same hat in extra large with embossed logos.

I wonder if they will offer different colors? 

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 21, 2014 5:58:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

They might offer a faraday jacket to go with that hat.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 24, 2014 7:02:05 AM
(0)
Scholar

And perhaps a Tesla coil to go along as an iPhone accessory...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 24, 2014 11:54:02 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by loganic on May 24, 2014 at 12:07:36 PM

I hear the samsung ones will have an emergency circuit that will disable people's wifi and antenna. 

It's not quite as a good a punch to the face, but if you know the secret codes, you'll be stop that office ***** from continuing to post stuff.

Apple reps have provided no official comment about a similar feature, but unofficials reps have mentioned they'd be too worried about having the feature turned on them.

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 28, 2014 8:00:40 AM
(0)
Guru

Latest rumor is Sept. 19, according to Deutsche Telekom.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 26, 2014 2:14:34 AM
(0)
Contributor

I can't wait to get my iPhone 6 (The problem will be 2 models?) :smileyvery-happy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 26, 2014 12:17:58 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by loganic on Jun 26, 2014 at 12:18:28 PM

Wow, macrumors has the 6 w/o a 16gb model, just 32gb & 64gb. Apparently the enlarged screens will inflate the price of the phones even more, because they have the estimate prices as ~850 & 1050 respectively.

I found that a little tough to swallow because that kind of jump would really inhibit sales.

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 26, 2014 1:24:01 PM
(0)
Guru

There are lots of rumors so it's silly to get worked up over any of them yet.

Yes, prices might be going up, but we don't know if it's all or only selected models (e.g., the 5.5-inch device).  It seems odd that Apple would discontinue its entry-level (and most popular) price point.  The rumor of a 128GB device has been around for at least a year.  That capacity could be limited to the larger screen phablet.

Apple has to compete with the Samsung S5 so it's reasonable to expect that its pricing will be similar.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 27, 2014 12:05:00 PM
(0)
Guru

Latest rumor is the the 4-7-inch iPhone will be offered in only 32GB and 64GB capacities at $199 and $299, respectively, with a contract.