The new iPhone 15
cousintim's profile

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

Friday, May 9th, 2014 10:13 PM

iPhone 6 Now Rumored for August Launch

Apple is set to launch the iPhone 6 in August, a month earlier than expected, according to a news report.  A 4.7-inch screen version of the iPhone 6 will reach stores in August, with a 5.5-inch or 5.6-inch model released in September.

Since the iPhone 5 was released on September 21, 2012, this would present an interesting dilemma to those who are on a two-year upgrade cycle. 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/09/us-apple-iphone-idUSBREA4808C20140509

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

10 years ago

@youngjm wrote:

@Richmond Dan wrote:

Just got a tip from a friend at Apple:  iPhone 6 will have emergency fold-out aluminum foil hat...

NO WAY!  That seals the deal, I don't care if I have to pay full price, that alumium foil hat to keep everyone out of my head is so worth it!!!!!!!Smiley Surprised

Sorry could not resist this one but I am sure this awsome feature will foil SamsungSmiley Tongue

Samsung will offer the same hat in extra large with embossed logos.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

10 years ago

@oz_1 wrote:

@youngjm wrote:

@Richmond Dan wrote:

Just got a tip from a friend at Apple:  iPhone 6 will have emergency fold-out aluminum foil hat...

NO WAY!  That seals the deal, I don't care if I have to pay full price, that alumium foil hat to keep everyone out of my head is so worth it!!!!!!!Smiley Surprised

Sorry could not resist this one but I am sure this awsome feature will foil SamsungSmiley Tongue

Samsung will offer the same hat in extra large with embossed logos.

I wonder if they will offer different colors? 

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

10 years ago

They might offer a faraday jacket to go with that hat.

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

10 years ago

And perhaps a Tesla coil to go along as an iPhone accessory...

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

I hear the samsung ones will have an emergency circuit that will disable people's wifi and antenna. 

It's not quite as a good a punch to the face, but if you know the secret codes, you'll be stop that office ***** from continuing to post stuff.

Apple reps have provided no official comment about a similar feature, but unofficials reps have mentioned they'd be too worried about having the feature turned on them.

-Alex

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Latest rumor is Sept. 19, according to Deutsche Telekom.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I can't wait to get my iPhone 6 (The problem will be 2 models?) Smiley Very Happy

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

Wow, macrumors has the 6 w/o a 16gb model, just 32gb & 64gb. Apparently the enlarged screens will inflate the price of the phones even more, because they have the estimate prices as ~850 & 1050 respectively.

I found that a little tough to swallow because that kind of jump would really inhibit sales.

-Alex

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

There are lots of rumors so it's silly to get worked up over any of them yet.

Yes, prices might be going up, but we don't know if it's all or only selected models (e.g., the 5.5-inch device).  It seems odd that Apple would discontinue its entry-level (and most popular) price point.  The rumor of a 128GB device has been around for at least a year.  That capacity could be limited to the larger screen phablet.

Apple has to compete with the Samsung S5 so it's reasonable to expect that its pricing will be similar.

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Latest rumor is the the 4-7-inch iPhone will be offered in only 32GB and 64GB capacities at $199 and $299, respectively, with a contract.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.