The new iPhone 15
caroline6's profile

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, November 9th, 2014 4:54 PM

iPhone 6 64GB Silver --- Shipping date vs. actual date

So I just ordered my iPhone after calling to every At&t store in my area for a new iPhone. I understand there is demand, but you would think they would have more of a hand on it with it being a couple months since the crazy ordering spree. Anyway, I seriously needed a new phone seeing as my iPhone at the moment restarts randomly, the power button does not work, and it will print lines of code across the screen. So after the wild goose chase, I decided to order my phone from At&t, after reading some of the forums I'm beginning to worry. It says that it should ship 11/18-11/28. Are these days accurate or will it take longer? I'm just worried my phone won't last until then, and during the week of Thanksgiving I am home from college which means I won't be at my apartment to pick it up so I am hoping it comes sooner rather than later. Anyone have insight? 

Explorer

• 

35 Messages

9 years ago

I ordered a Silver 64gb 6+ on 9/22 with ship dates of 10-30/11-10.  Online has said Preparing to Ship since day 1 and when I call in it says backordered. SO pretty much nothing has changed for me....I'm patiently waiting, and my phone died & I have had to buy 2 used phones in the time since I've ordered mine. 

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

9 years ago

I ordered my 6 + on 9/23, with ship dates of 10/30 - 11/10.......still showing 'preparing to ship'.......so they obviously are running late.......

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

9 years ago

You should expect a longer wait window. However, you might try calling CS and explain your problem ( sounding desperate might help) and see if they can escalate your order. The whole thing has been a confusing mess. I ordered on the 27th of Sept. And my window of shipment ends on the 14th..
Good luck, hope ATT can do something for you.
Oh, if you are on FB go to the ATT page and post your question, see if a moderator will answer..sometimes they do.

Explorer

• 

35 Messages

9 years ago

@Actmom23 I wrote on there as well & they responded to every reply but mine Smiley Frustrated

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

In the Apple quarterly statement around 21 October, Tim Cook (Apple CEO) stated that the demand for the iPhone 6 Plus was much higher than they anticipated, and he didn't foresee supply being able to meet or pass demand before the end of Q4, which means that Apple doesn't expect to be able to keep up with orders until after the end of the year.  This does not bode well for customers who have ordered iPhones, especially if they didn't order them early...

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

9 years ago

I ordered my 6+ 64gb silver in store on 09/30.  I have a premier account.  My shipping window is 11/07-11/10...no movement yet.  I have seen people order after me that have gotten their phones while people who ordered before me still haven't.  Same exact phone.  Orders get cancelled so watch out for that.  You can call 1-877-782-8870 to check your status.  Once it says preparing to ship instead of back order, you can expect money to be pulled from your card in the next day or so and then get shipping notification.  Your best bet is to keep an eye on local stores and if they have your phone put a hold on it and call to cancel your order and insist they immediately reinstate your upgrade.  idevicechecker.com and istocknow.com both give you info about local inventory.

Good luck!

Mentor

• 

67 Messages

9 years ago

I ordered my iphone 6+ 64gb in Silver on 9/22 in store. My shipping window was from 10/30 until today. I checked my bank account at 11 and there was a pending charge for the phone taxes. The status on the 877# also went from backordered to processing so hopefully I will get an email soon with the shipping information. Good golly it's been a long wait.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

I ordered Silver plus 64gb on October 7th. They gave me a ship date of November 14 to November 25th. I'm still waiting for it.

Mentor

• 

67 Messages

9 years ago

Finally shipped- they were cutting it close by making it within my shipping window!! It was just scanned in at UPS 30 min ago- I'm currently waiting to see when it will ACTUALLY be delivered!

Explorer

• 

35 Messages

9 years ago

I am so jealous!  Mine just got put on backorder with shipment pending!!! GRRRRR!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.