For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
jeremytierce's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, October 7th, 2011 5:15 PM

iPhone 4S - upgrading from iPhone3G - won't let me keep unlimited data plan!

Can someone please tell me if I am indeed able to keep my unlimited data plan when upgradeing to the new iPhone 4S?  I thought we were grandfathered into keeping it but while trying to upgrade my phone this morning it says the below message and has only limited plans available...not the unlimited.  How do I upgrade and keep the same data plan?

Thanks,
Jeremy 

dataplan.PNG

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

You may be better placing your order from Apple as it avoids this message.  You DO NOT need to loose your unlimited data during this upgrade.  You could also call ATT and place the order over the phone.  Even the Community Managers have said this.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

http://www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp?serviceGroup=wireless#wireless

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

13 years ago

Call the 1 800 number and order it that way. Tell them you want to keep your plan and it is not shown as an option during your order process.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

I'll call, looks like its a long hold time atm.  Oh well.  Yeah and ordering it through Apples site wants you to verify txt and data plans....which keeps the unlimited, but didn't liste the 200 txt message option that I currently have...it wanted me to either change to pay per text or unlimited.  So that there are quite a few bugs to work out here guys!  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.