The new iPhone 15
bar-j700's profile

Scholar

• 

84 Messages

Saturday, November 13th, 2010 8:11 PM

i prefer the landscape mode on onscreen keyboard

im new to iphone,,from verizon. my question is,, Why can't i set the keyboard to display in widescreen landscape mode for any typing i need to do?  this little verticle small keyboard i find unusable. i prefer to type on a full keyboard onscreen. where are the iphone settings for this? thanks in advance, bar-j700 

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

84 Messages

13 years ago

support sucks around here!!!!!

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

@bar-j700 wrote:

support sucks around here!!!!!

This is a peer-to-peer forum, you are not getting answers from or being ignored by AT&T staff here.

As for your actual issue, is it specific apps that are not allowing you to get a landscape keyboard?

The keyboard is controlled on an app by app basis, some allow for it in landscape mode, some do not.

If the app is one provided on the phone in factory condition, then it would be up to Apple to alter it, if they deem it appropriate.

If the app is a 3rd party one (i.e. something bought from the app store) then it would be up to the developer to modify their app.

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

13 years ago

Have you tried rotating the phone to horizontal?  That seems to work for me, but maybe I'm not understanding the full question. 

Scholar

• 

84 Messages

13 years ago

im sorry, turning the phone horizontally only sometimes will display the horizontal (wide screen) keyboard. The verticle keyboard for thumb typing is useless for me when typin.  When the short keyboard is displayed, and i  rotate the phone to horizontal positon then the keyboard should expand to the landscape or wide screen mode keyboard. mine wont do it sometimes. maybe it is the accelerometer sensor is not working correctly? i preferr to use the wide screen keyboard for all my typing. is there a setting for this?  thanks in advance,

Scholar

• 

84 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for ur help

Scholar

• 

84 Messages

13 years ago

yeah i would say it is specific to apps. i had to do a little more looking into this. thanks

Master

• 

4K Messages

13 years ago

Seriously, nobody is being paid to come in here and answer questions.  The only people here are customers, just like yourself, and they're answering questions to the best of their ability when they can.

Scholar

• 

84 Messages

13 years ago

That comment needs some explaining,,I had a question and tried att wireless chat support. He didn't knowthe answer, so he sent a link to a iphone tech sup website. It was a broken link and I got frustrated. I apologize. I know this isn't droids website. I'm a little jumpy from the two years of having a droid phone. Mynew Iphone kicks tail!!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.