The new iPhone 15
thebeast480's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Friday, March 15th, 2013 9:14 PM

help my iphone 5 was stolen

i have the insurance that i pay 10$ a month how much will it cost to replace it?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

so your saying thats all i have tom pay 200$? for my 64gb iphone 5? if so ill buy it back

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:
Sorry but none of the top 3 carriers takes pity on you and reduces the cost of a replacement phone

AT&T most certainly may adjust the price of a replacement phone.  It's not common but I know of a specific case when it did.

ACE - Master

• 

10.3K Messages

11 years ago

Just a thought, but isn't there some documentation somewhere that explains exactly what the $10 a month insurance you bought will pay to replace a lost or stolen phone? Shouldn't that be reviewed instead of looking through conflicting answers on an Internet forum? You'll probably need the documentation to know how to file a claim anyway.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@cousintim wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:
Sorry but none of the top 3 carriers takes pity on you and reduces the cost of a replacement phone

AT&T most certainly may adjust the price of a replacement phone.  It's not common but I know of a specific case when it did.

Not common is the understatment of the millinieum

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@dwill05 wrote:
Just a thought, but isn't there some documentation somewhere that explains exactly what the $10 a month insurance you bought will pay to replace a lost or stolen phone? Shouldn't that be reviewed instead of looking through conflicting answers on an Internet forum? You'll probably need the documentation to know how to file a claim anyway.

Yes in multiple places

for the basic insurance

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/services/mobileinsurance-sku1040075.html#fbid=ORzsZynQivf

for the higher cost protection pack

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/services/mobile-protection-pack-sku5370279.html#fbid=ORzsZynQivf

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

just to make things clear it will cost me 200$ for another one?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

11 years ago

Yes, the deductible is $199. That is what you pay.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

My phone was stolen, At&T will not allow me to replace phone unless it is my scheduled upgrade date; unfortunately that is not for another 11 months.  Is my only option to leave AT&T as customer (>10yrs) in-order to replace my I5?  

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

11 years ago

Since you didn't have insurance, your choice is to pay full unsubsidized price, find one on sale on ebay, craigslist, or reseller or wait. You received a subsidized phone in exchange for a 2 year contract, so you are out of luck with AT&T. Only other hope would be an early upgrade, but that is subsidized cost + $250.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

please help find my phone it was stolen please help me i didnt have find my phone app

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.