The new iPhone 15
Beverly027's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, September 14th, 2012 3:59 PM

exchange new 4S for a 5

I bought a 4S couple days ago not knowing the pre-order for the 5 was coming out today!! Will i be able to exchange my phone? I would have to pay for the fee but is there anythine else to it?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

AT&T does do trade-ins, but you would have to pay any difference though, and it will most likely be sold out, so you might have to wait a bit before you get yours

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@smooth4lyfe wrote:
AT&T does do trade-ins, but you would have to pay any difference though, and it will most likely be sold out, so you might have to wait a bit before you get yours

the phone may not be avaialble within the 30 day window - if the phone does not become generally available until after the buyers remorse period is done, they will not exchange it.

If you are that set on a 5, then would sugest you retrun the 4 and go back to your old phone on the buyers remorse, let everything reset and get the new 5 when it is generally available. Heard that the orders are already on 2 week back order

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Alright! Thanks Guys!!
Just as long i have 30 days to exchange then im good. Im fine paying the fee. I havent opened the headphone n charger packaging so im good on that. All i would have to do is reset everything. im going out of town n wont be back until early october. Hopefully the iphone 5 hype would die down so i dont have to wait for it. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

12 years ago

Have you been living in an isolation chamber for the past month? How is it even possible to not know the iPhone 5 was coming?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Beverly027 wrote:
Alright! Thanks Guys!!
Just as long i have 30 days to exchange then im good. Im fine paying the fee. I havent opened the headphone n charger packaging so im good on that. All i would have to do is reset everything. im going out of town n wont be back until early october. Hopefully the iphone 5 hype would die down so i dont have to wait for it. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

you are booking on a lot the phone being available within 30 days where you purchased it, last I saw was the back order for pre-orders is 2 - 3 weeks, if you bet wrong you are stuck with the crrent phone, 30 days is the time limit

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.