broken scr iphone 5 can the screen be replaced at a local at&t store

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 17, 2012 7:29:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
No, it will need to be taken to an Apple store. AT&T stores do not do repairs on iPhones.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

broken scr iphone 5 can the screen be replaced at a local at&t store

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 17, 2012 7:29:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
No, it will need to be taken to an Apple store. AT&T stores do not do repairs on iPhones.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: broken scr iphone 5 can the screen be replaced at a local at&t store

2 of 6 (11,045 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2012 9:03:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

kdfederer wrote:

And at the Apple store they don't generally do repairs like that in the store, they will generally give you a refurbished iPhone to replace your current one after you pay any charges there may be ($49 with AppleCare+, $199 Out of Warrantee, etc).

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

3 of 6 (11,013 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2012 9:13:58 AM
(0)
Employee

There are always local repair shops as well as online sites where you can mail you device in for a repair. Do you have insurance?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (11,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2012 9:16:47 AM
(0)
Expert

GeekBoy wrote:

kdfederer wrote:

And at the Apple store they don't generally do repairs like that in the store, they will generally give you a refurbished iPhone to replace your current one after you pay any charges there may be ($49 with AppleCare+, $199 Out of Warrantee, etc).

actually as of about a year and half ago the majority of the genus bars at the apple store now have the equipment to replace a broken screen, not usre of the cost but they can do it.

5 of 6 (10,999 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2012 2:59:02 PM
(0)
Professor

The question is whether anyone actually has iPhone 5 screens available for a repair.  They may not.  Your only option may be to go to Apple and get a refurb.

6 of 6 (10,955 Views)