For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
nd500barb's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, June 16th, 2011 4:41 PM

Unable to use new ESPN App?

ESPN offers a new app called "Watch ESPN" but ATT is not one of the providers who have signed on to this service.  My guess is they just don't know about it. How can we remedy this "oversight"?

The app allows you to watch many ESPN programs via iPhone "live".

Thanks so much!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

What does this have to do with the iPhone or AT&T?

All apps for the iPhone come from the iTunes store which is controlled by Apple.

Did you possibly post to the wrong forum?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

@nd500barb wrote:
I think my initial query was not clear. My question is "Who can we contact to get ATT to agree to agree to allow their subscribers to use this app? There were several major providers who provide this service but ATT is not one of them.
However, I am happy for you that you can get it. Thanks for taking the time to reply and have a great weekend.

You need to contact the TV side of ATT and express your interest having them carry the service.  The wireless side of ATT has nothing to do with the programing decisions.

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks so much....will follow your advice.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

@satchev wrote:

What does this have to do with the iPhone or AT&T?

All apps for the iPhone come from the iTunes store which is controlled by Apple.

Did you possibly post to the wrong forum?

I think the OP is referring to ATT the TV or internet provider and not ATT wireless.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

App works on my iPhone

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

I think my initial query was not clear. My question is "Who can we contact to get ATT to agree to agree to allow their subscribers to use this app? There were several major providers who provide this service but ATT is not one of them.
However, I am happy for you that you can get it. Thanks for taking the time to reply and have a great weekend.

Scholar

• 

254 Messages

13 years ago

I would guess, that the ESPN app is tied into the new ESPN contract and is being held back as a bargaining chip against ATT-uverse. When the new contract is signed, I would venture that uverse will be added to the allowed providers.

DPR

Explorer

• 

29 Messages

13 years ago

Can an AT&T Representative please tells us WHO we can contact (TV side, etc..) so that we can get this App approved --- ITS FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!!!!!!! HELP............ THANKS

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

13 years ago

There are no ATT reps here.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Not promising anything but I tried getting the App tonight and found out what has already been known.  Going to try and get in touch with some people and see what can happen.  I know I'm late to the game but this is ideal.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.