Posted Mar 7, 2012
1:18:36 PM
View profile
Transfer data plan from iPad to iPad3 (new iPad) ?

I have the fat iPad vesion 1 with unlimited data plan, can I transfer it to new iPad 3 ?

Please advise.

Thx.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 9, 2012 6:34:08 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

We will continue to offer an unlimited data plan to grandfathered customers who currently have an Unlimited Data Plan for iPad for $30/month. :smileyhappy:

If you don't have an unlimited data plan, you have a choice of postpaid or prepaid (session based) data plans for iPad with Wi-Fi + 4G. Both plan types include free unlimited Wi-Fi connections at over 29,000 AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots nationwide.

Here's the pricing:

Data Amount Monthly Price
250 MB $14.99
3 GB $30.00
5 GB $50.00
--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
34 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(34)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2012 11:10:59 AM
(0)
Contributor

To save some of you an hour on the phone and 5 phone calls. Lets start with my proble:  the person that connected my ipad data plan at the apple store goofed up my email address. I was receiving the data and the charge in my cc but I was never able to login into the account from the ipad. One day the data plan disconnected becausemy cc info changed and I was unable to add the data plan back becuase the email was wrong, therefore I could not even reset the password.

What to do?- call this number ( english customer service- please dont ask for other language, they answer in anotehr country and are not very familiar with teh technology) Consumer data support 1800-331-0500. They will ask for the phone number of the data plan, you can find that under Setting>general>about >cellular data number, That is the number you have to give the ATT person to locate your accoutn and help you from there. Good Luck.

Ipad data- how to reconnect your data when you screwed up the email at account registration

31 of 35 (2,478 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2013 11:29:08 PM
(0)
Contributor

to transfre any data plan you can us ethird party software. to do this you can use iPad backup software. it transfer any file such as music, songs, movies.

For more information: http://www.backup-ipad.net/faq-ipad-backup.php

Re: Transfer data plan from iPad to iPad3 (new iPad) ?

32 of 35 (878 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2013 10:17:28 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Jeanorly on May 16, 2013 at 10:20:37 PM

Check this info: Transferring information from your current iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device.

https://discussions.apple.com/article/HT2109

Hope this can help.

iPhone SMS Backup & Restore - offers all solutions for all serious iPhone users. It not only supports iPhone SMS to computer backup & export, but also enables users to restore SMS backup from computer database to a new iPhone or back to your old iPhone. No other iPhone utility softtware does more.

[ Edited ]
33 of 35 (805 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 12:43:29 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yep, you can pop the SIM card in , or if it doesn't fit, just transfer the plan within the ipad.. Or on the phone with att. I have a friend with an ipad 5 with an att unlimited data plan. However he can NOT use LTE as that unlimited plan had no LTE. He's limited to 4g (aka 3.5g)

34 of 35 (431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 12:45:44 PM
(0)
Tutor
My iPhone, my husbands iPhone, and both our iPads are part of our unlimited cell phone plan. Now that plan follows technology over the years. So we have unlimited edge to LTE on all 4 devices. So putting your ipad in with your phone LAN can have huge benefits

35 of 35 (429 Views)