Posted Apr 24, 2013
6:23:07 AM
View profile
Strange iPhone 5 Behavior

I had a strange one last night.  I called my wife (using my iPhone 4S, she uses the 5).  The phone rang off the hook, so I left a message.  When I returned home, she said the phone was right next to her and it never rang.  When I checked there was no missed call indicator and the voice mail I left was not there.  I decided to check it out.  I called her phone again, staring at it, and sure enough, no ring on her phone.  I then tried my daughter (iPhone 4) and it rang just fine.  We tried my wife's phone again, and this time it rang, and about 30 seconds later the voice message appeared (from the previous call).

Kinda, strange.  Does this sound like an iPhone problem, or a "tower" problem.  At all times the iPhone 5 reported a strong cell signal.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 24, 2013 7:34:57 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Since the issue didn't appear with your daughter's phone it seems like it's an issue specific to your wife's phone. 

If it's still happeneing, try removing & reinserting the SIM card (turn the phone off first). 

If that doesn't help, reset the phone's settings Settings>General>Reset>Reset all Settings. 

If *that* doesn't help, I'd pop into your local Apple store and see if they can offer any suggestions before moving to a full restore of the phone. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Strange iPhone 5 Behavior

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 24, 2013 7:34:57 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Since the issue didn't appear with your daughter's phone it seems like it's an issue specific to your wife's phone. 

If it's still happeneing, try removing & reinserting the SIM card (turn the phone off first). 

If that doesn't help, reset the phone's settings Settings>General>Reset>Reset all Settings. 

If *that* doesn't help, I'd pop into your local Apple store and see if they can offer any suggestions before moving to a full restore of the phone. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Strange iPhone 5 Behavior

2 of 2 (1,223 Views)
Solution