For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
coolrhyme's profile

Guru

• 

507 Messages

Tuesday, February 21st, 2012 4:40 PM

Speaker Question

i have a 4s and correct me if im wrong the right speaker for the iphone is for stereo the one on the left is for mic?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

To me, it makes more sense to include an extra speaker on the iPhone to have the customer "step up" - so to speak - to a higher-end device that is pretty much the same thing, but just has phone and data capabilities. And that means more money in Apple's pockets from the sales or more iPhones, because they cost more than iPod touches, anyway.

Not sure about reading the manual. I bought my iPhone used without a manual, but I guess I could have taken a look at the one that's built into the Safari application...

Scholar

• 

121 Messages

12 years ago

@Wild Banchi wrote:
To me, it makes more sense to include an extra speaker on the iPhone to have the customer "step up" - so to speak - to a higher-end device that is pretty much the same thing, but just has phone and data capabilities. And that means more money in Apple's pockets from the sales or more iPhones, because they cost more than iPod touches, anyway.

Point taken, but...doesn't the fact that the iPhone includes a GPS radio while the iPod Touch doesn't include one be enough of an incentive for a customer to "step up"?  I mean, if it came down to choosing between an extra speaker (i.e., two speakers instead of one) or GPS capability on an iPhone--I'm willing to bet that the majority of folks would vote for GPS.  Besides, I'm not sure what practical good/use an extra tiny speaker is gonna do for an iPhone--again, unless you're implying that the sound quality coming out of the existing speaker on the iPhone is woefully inadequate--in which case, if the quality of sound coming out of that one speaker is indeed lousy...adding another one will only make it sound twice as lousy. Smiley Wink

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

I don't know. The point is, I thought that iPhones had two speakers, and I was wrong. There is only one speaker on the iPhone, just like an iPod Touch. I learned something new, and will no longer believe that an iPhone is far more superior than an iPod Touch.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.