For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
bkmjk's profile

Scholar

• 

269 Messages

Thursday, May 19th, 2011 7:45 PM

Slow wifi

Over the weekend, we changed from DSL to cable internet.  The only change I made on the router was to switch from a static public IP address to a dynamic (DHCP assigned) public IP address.  All of the settings for the internal network remain the same.  The download speeds on wifi have gone from 1.5 mbps on DSL (should be around 15 mbps on cable) to about 0.8 mbps.  The upload speeds have gone from 0.65 on DSL to 4.2 mbps on cable.

I've tried resetting the network settings on the phone, rebooting the router and rebooting the phone.  Has anyone else seen anything like this?

iPhone 4, 4.3.3 (8J2)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

269 Messages

13 years ago

@johninsj wrote:

Sounds like a cable issue. Have you tested your speeds with any other wireless device?

My iPhone4 can max out my 12mbit cable broadbad, as well as the 45mbit broadband at work.

After some more research, it turns out there is a known issue with this router (wrt600n) and Comcast.  Placing the 2.4 ghz band into "G-only" returns the clients to full speed.  I have no idea how it's all related, just glad to have a solution!  Smiley Very Happy

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

13 years ago

@bkmjk wrote:

Over the weekend, we changed from DSL to cable internet.  The only change I made on the router was to switch from a static public IP address to a dynamic (DHCP assigned) public IP address.  All of the settings for the internal network remain the same.  The download speeds on wifi have gone from 1.5 mbps on DSL (should be around 15 mbps on cable) to about 0.8 mbps.  The upload speeds have gone from 0.65 on DSL to 4.2 mbps on cable.

I've tried resetting the network settings on the phone, rebooting the router and rebooting the phone.  Has anyone else seen anything like this?

iPhone 4, 4.3.3 (8J2)

Sounds like a cable issue. Have you tested your speeds with any other wireless device?

My iPhone4 can max out my 12mbit cable broadbad, as well as the 45mbit broadband at work.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.