10:53:03 PM
Researcher Discovers iPhone App Security Bug
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Nov 9, 2011 2:14:35 AM
(0)
Professor
Interesting, but so what? It's probably possible to find a security flaw in about any software. Apple is supposedly working on a fix. Not sure what people should do about it. Not buy apps anymore? Ditch the iPhone and go for an Android (which probably has at least as many, if not more potential security flaws)? To be almost completely safe, you should never connect to the internet using anything and just have a simple cell phone that only makes and receives phone calls.

Unfortunately, these things appear to be a fact of modern life. Nothing you can do except hope it gets fixed, and then wait for the next security flaw to be found.
Accepted Solution

Researcher Discovers iPhone App Security Bug

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Nov 9, 2011 2:14:35 AM
(0)
Professor
Interesting, but so what? It's probably possible to find a security flaw in about any software. Apple is supposedly working on a fix. Not sure what people should do about it. Not buy apps anymore? Ditch the iPhone and go for an Android (which probably has at least as many, if not more potential security flaws)? To be almost completely safe, you should never connect to the internet using anything and just have a simple cell phone that only makes and receives phone calls.

Unfortunately, these things appear to be a fact of modern life. Nothing you can do except hope it gets fixed, and then wait for the next security flaw to be found.

Re: Researcher Discovers iPhone App Security Bug

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 9, 2011 4:53:01 AM
(0)
Scholar

dwill05 wrote:

Also one of the reason I don't mind Apple's restrictive policies on Apps.  With Apple, you at least have some hope that they have vetted the app.  With Android, you don't have that hope.  Another reason not to jail brake your phone and download un-authorized apps.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 9, 2011 5:39:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
apparently they changed the sandbox for javascript to be slightly less restrictive, which improved performance. That's the security bug.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 9, 2011 8:00:00 AM
(0)
Mentor

I love Apple products and trust the brand and I don't have any problems with the article or what is said about Apple. Just saw the article and thought I'd share :smileyhappy:

There will always be security flaws with everything and that should be a good thing because it makes companies better improve their products. Making mistakes and learning from them is the secret to perfection.