The new iPhone 15
juanc723's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Thursday, May 19th, 2011 4:41 PM

Refurbished iphones reviews?

im thinking on upgrading to an iphone and i was looking into the refurbished ones to save some money. Who has a refurbished iphone? any inputs? any reviews? info will be appreciated

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

In most respects, the only real difference between a "new" iPhone and a "refurbished" iPhone is the base warranty that comes with it.  a "new" phne has a 1 year warranty, and most refurbished phones come with only a 90 day warranty.  Both are eligible for an Apple Care warranty extension if purchased before the base warranty expires.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

13 years ago

@MR_SMiT wrote:

Alright. Then the iPhone 4 will eventually become the iPhone 4GS or something. Technology is continually growing. I got the 3GS because was watching my budget. Smiley Surprised

Yep, sometime this year, the new iPhone will be released. It will have the same guts as the iPad2 - a dual core cpu, and twice as much ram. Compared to that, the iPhone4 will be slower and less capable. It's the nature of the technology beast.

I just didn't want you to assume the 3Gs and 4 were interchangable. For example, the 3Gs cannot be used to do wifi internet sharing. It's lack of a front-facing camera makes facetime somewhat less useful as well.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

13 years ago

@juanc723 wrote:

im thinking on upgrading to an iphone and i was looking into the refurbished ones to save some money. Who has a refurbished iphone? any inputs? any reviews? info will be appreciated

Anyone who's swapped their brand new iP4 due to some problem has a refurb. Which includes me & my kid.

Ditto for a flaked out iPod Touch. Generally, refurbs are like new, except a human has actually touched them. I've never had a problem with my refurbs, they behave exactly the same as the ones that roll off the fully automated factory plant.

If you're buying one "new" the only practical difference is the warranty length.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

As others have stated, the warranty is the biggest difference.  The case is usually brand new/looks great and has been checked out by a tech.   If there is a problem and that is possible with new and refurb equipment, Apple will take care of you.  You can also still get Apple Care to extend your coverage.  I am not usually a fan of extended service and/or warranty plans but Apple really stands behind their equipment and does not look for ways to get out of providing coverage.  The savings can be great and is worth looking at. 

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

13 years ago

how about the refurbished ones with cosmetic blemishes? are the blemishes bearly noticable?

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

@juanc723 wrote:

how about the refurbished ones with cosmetic blemishes? are the blemishes bearly noticable?

Any refurbs that I have received due to repair/replacement appear to have new cases and hence have not had any blemishes.  I would not guarantee that that is the true for all units......  Others may be able to share their experiences.
noticeable.  You do have some time to try out the phone and return it if there is something wrong. 

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

13 years ago

I do not know about a refurbished iPhone 4, but a I got a brand new iPhone 3GS from an AT&T Corperate Store for $49, and I'm happy with it. The only difference is the iPhone 4 has a camera, front and back.Smiley Wink

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

13 years ago

@MR_SMiT wrote:

I do not know about a refurbished iPhone 4, but a I got a brand new iPhone 3GS from an AT&T Corperate Store for $49, and I'm happy with it. The only difference is the iPhone 4 has a camera, front and back.Smiley Wink

Not really, no. the iP4 has a much faster cpu, and twice as much app memory (ram)... and a display that has way more pixels. The 3GS is a nice iPhone, esp. at $50, but it's showing its age hardware-wise.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

13 years ago

Alright. Then the iPhone 4 will eventually become the iPhone 4GS or something. Technology is continually growing. I got the 3GS because was watching my budget. Smiley Surprised

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I'm using refurbished iphone 4 and haven't get any error Smiley Happy

It' help save my money about $300

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.