For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Emraan's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 21st, 2014 12:55 AM

Received a used iphone6 against my upgrade

Ordered iphone 6 online as an upgrade.
The one I received today is already showing 1Hour and 9 minutes usage. Even I haven't activated it yet.
Was not expecting such kind of service from AT&T.
Going to return it tomorrow.

Emraan

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @Emraan 

It's not used (I assume it came in a sealed box?), did you have to do an initial set up with your iClowd information? Also are you seeing usage under your battery usage info or cellular? The battery usage calculates the usage since last full charge, and it's possible it's recorded a 1:09hr usage from factory quality tests.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the reply.
Let me share my investigation steps after which I generated this post:

Under Cellular Option: call time was showing as 1hour and 9mins usage as a "life time" , even at that time I haven't activated my new phone.

I verified imei from online website "iphoneimei.org" , and it was already showing my brand new unactivated phone as "activated".

Yes, I did entered my existing icloud account for initial setup, but if new iphone is taking call life timer from icloud account, then its a flaw!!! Why would anyone will be willing to see his old phone total calls duration on his new phone??

And I also noted that one pentalobe screw of my "brand new" iphone seems stripped. But I am not sure whether pentalobe screws comes like that or is it only my doubt.

I did not noticed the battery usage time, as the one I received was already in initial setup mode, so if it is charged or used, it will not show any battery previous usage once its been reseted.

Sent from my iPhone

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

10 years ago

I got my 6+ yesterday and call settings and usage were all Zero.... once I restored from backup my call time went to 5 hours and battery usage for apps appeared.

This seems like a bug with iCloud restores and not that your phone was used. I find it hard to beleive that there would be that many phones returned and repaired within 30 days and sent back out that quickly..... but I could be wrong.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.