For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

i was given two old i-phones and would like to use them in Costa Rica...what do I need to do??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hello all, I bought an IPhone 5 from my sister that lives at North Carolina and brought it with me to Brazil. But guess what! I forgot to unlock it before I left the US. Can my sister unlock it from North Carolina once I have the Iphone with me at Rio de Janeiro? Need to use it being client of a brazilian mobile operator.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

She should be able to request the unlock. Once the unlock is approved, you can unlock it by following the unlock instruction.

All unlock requests must go through the unlock portal.

AT&T unlock portal

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

We cancelled our contract with at&it because of the bill being too high and we didn't pay the bill just cancelled the contract and I was wondering would we still be able to unlock a couple iPhone 5s? because we're with Verizon.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

If you didn't pay the bill there is no way they are going to unlock the phone. I am not sure that an AT&T phone will work properly on Verizon.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello! @Fry320

Thanks for posting your question about your personal hotspot.

If you are now using the phone on another network, we can’t guarantee the personal hotspot will work, however it should still work  if you are on AT&T and have the correct data plan. So we can help get this resolved, Please send me a Private Message with the following information:

Your phone or account number

Your full name

An alternate contact number for troubleshooting purposes

The best date and time to contact you

Hope this helps!

Charise

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

9 years ago

@chintz85 wrote:

I upgraded my device to iphone 6 under the ATT wireless post paid service and after 15 days of use I cancelled the serivce and paid ETF including all closing balance. Currently my account balance is 0.00 and I am trying to unlock my iphone 6 through submitting request online but its getting denied with following message. I called ATT customer care and they don't really know why its getting denied. Any help will be appreciated. So far I did 4 request in 48 hours after I paid my full closing balance.

Unlock request number: xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for contacting AT&T about unlocking your mobile device.

Unfortunately, your unlock request was denied because:

You haven’t fulfilled your service contract.

You can submit a new request once you complete your service contract.

Questions? Please call 800.331.0500, or dial 611 from your AT&T wireless phone.

If I read information about post paid account right, you will have to be on at least "60 days of service with iPhone 6" and other things taken care of before getting unlock approved. Apparently, AT&T customer service did not know this when contacted.Smiley Surprised

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

How long does it take to get a confirmation e-mail from at&t after putting in a request to have a phone unlocked using their device unlock form?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hi I bought a iphone 4 from somebody and I want to unlock it so I can use it for T- moble

[Subject edited for better exposure]

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

All AT&T phone unlocks must go through the unlock portal.

AT&T unlock portal 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.