The new iPhone 15
jrayokc's profile

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 12:41 AM

Ordered i5 with 16g, now I think I may need 32g

Is it reasonable to assume that when the i5 I ordered comes in that I can take it unopened to AT&T and swap it for the 32gig and just pay the difference? Is there a grace period or am I hosed until I have another upgrade?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

The 14 day return policy begins from time of purchase or time of device shipping. For complete info, please visit AT&T Return Policy

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@jrayokc wrote:

Is it reasonable to assume that when the i5 I ordered comes in that I can take it unopened to AT&T and swap it for the 32gig and just pay the difference? Is there a grace period or am I hosed until I have another upgrade?

Not sure on a online order when the grace period starts, it recently changed on 10/07/2012 from 30 days to 14 days. What you want to do is possible as long as you are withing the buyers remorse period that is applied to you, but given the constrained nature of the device you might be safer just returning the ordered phone, reverse your upgrade and order the 32GB one

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

got a response from ATT and they said as long as I don't open the box I have 14 days, not 30 days to exchange. Thanks for answering, I really appreciate it.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@jrayokc wrote:

got a response from ATT and they said as long as I don't open the box I have 14 days, not 30 days to exchange. Thanks for answering, I really appreciate it.

Given the back order status you may not find one within 14 days - that includes saturday and sunday I believe

Professor

• 

2K Messages

11 years ago

I ordered and received the 32, which was the same size as my iPhone 4 that I had for 2 years. With all the choices we have today in online storage (iCloud, DropBox, Googe Drive, SkyDrive, etc.) it pretty much made no sense for me to pay an extra $100 just to get the 64. The more I think about it, maybe I should have gotten the 16 like you did. Another benefit to online storage is the automatic, perpetual backup of my info. I never have to worry again about losing my stuff by dropping the phone in water, or damaging it beyond repair, etc.

Mentor

• 

153 Messages

11 years ago

is the 14-day return policy ATT's or Apple's?

Mentor

• 

153 Messages

11 years ago

att gives you 14 days, but apple store gives 30 if you bought it from them (online or in person)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.